Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of questions before clicking buy :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Couple of questions before clicking buy :)

    Good afternoon,

    We're very close to purchasing VBulletin, but wonder if someone could answer the following for us before we do please?
    1. Can administrators create accounts for members, and give out their user names and passwords?
    2. Can attachments be included on posts?
    Thanks,
    Chris

  • #2
    1. Yes. You can even create users from a text file.
    2. Yes

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you

      Presumably the attachment size is only limited by the space on the server where VBulletin is hosted?

      Comment


      • #4
        If you tried uploading really large files (ie: a 2 gig file) as an attachment, php may time out.
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

        Comment


        • #5
          hi, is there an upgrade pricing for the CMS community edition from 3.x Forum?

          Comment


          • #6
            There are limitations on uploading attachments, part of it is PHP/MySQL/Server settings, the other part is you being able to control the size of attachments for your users.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ykumar6 View Post
              hi, is there an upgrade pricing for the CMS community edition from 3.x Forum?
              Yes.
              New licence: $285
              Upgrade: $250


              vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                1. Yes. You can even create users from a text file.
                Is this a VB 4 feature?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 0ptima View Post
                  Is this a VB 4 feature?
                  You can do it with Impex, for vB3.5/vB4.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chris Curtis View Post
                    Good afternoon,

                    We're very close to purchasing VBulletin, but wonder if someone could answer the following for us before we do please?
                    1. Can administrators create accounts for members, and give out their user names and passwords?
                    2. Can attachments be included on posts?
                    Thanks,
                    Chris
                    I understand the reasons behind wanting to manually create user accounts, but that's way too confusing. I'm sure there's an invite script somewhere on the downloads, once you purchase a licence, you'll have access to hundreds (thousands*) of addons, and you can even invite users at your disposal via a simple plugin.

                    Originally posted by Chris Curtis View Post
                    Presumably the attachment size is only limited by the space on the server where VBulletin is hosted?
                    You can choose the limit of the upload size via your Admin Control Panel on your vBulletin Forum. Obviously you must keep it within the limits and realism of what your server can hold or you're going to end up running out of space.

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X