Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question pre sales I guess

Vbulletin Suite4

Have been looking at this for some time on line and think we may go with this it is expensive though.

Guess I have a per-sales question?

1. I think I can install this but not positive if I buy it without the install and can't install it can I later pay for the install? ( not a computer expert but do this for our rvclub now have a web site and a message base we need more now though.

2.Looks like you download this on line does it come with install instructions looked at your help files on line but would rather have some printed install instructions?

Originally posted by RVNUTS View Post
    Vbulletin Suite4

Have been looking at this for some time on line and think we may go with this it is expensive though.

Guess I have a per-sales question?

1. I think I can install this but not positive if I buy it without the install and can't install it can I later pay for the install? ( not a computer expert but do this for our rvclub now have a web site and a message base we need more now though.

2.Looks like you download this on line does it come with install instructions looked at your help files on line but would rather have some printed install instructions?
    ) Yes, you can. vBuleltin offers an install service.

2) Yes, there are install guides. There is a read me file inside the vb package and one at the vb online manual as well.

Here is the printable version

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/onepage/#item2

Comment

Well just bought Vbulletin Suite 4.0 downloaded it and unziped it so that is it for tonight see if I can figure out how to install this tomorrow.

One note I did go on line and picked the printable version of the manual but saved it as an Adobe file as I can't print 500 pages at one time. When I printed the 1st 40 went for a walk came back but they printed so small I can't even read them with my glasses WOW. I did print a couple pages on line that is big but the saved file so small. I saved it as an adobe file because I can then print from page number to page number and then start where I left off. Anyway way to small printed print.

Comment

Yes that link to the manual is the same I saved as in Adobe format but prints way to small have to figure out something.

Do they offer a printed manual you can buy?

Comment

vb is lacking in the documentation department... if you need help, best to ask for it iin the right forum
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by RVNUTS View Post
            Yes that link to the manual is the same I saved as in Adobe format but prints way to small have to figure out something.
            Save as:"Webpage,complete".
            Possible to open it in Word and save from it what you like,as you like.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

The vBulletin manual is very "context" and task-based. You open it to the part that you need. It's not something you just read cover-to-cover. I don't think printing it would be very beneficial to you or the trees.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X