vB Going Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB Going Down?

I hear all this bad talk about vB lately, so I'm scared to buy a new license, I think maybe vB might go out of business soon, since too many things are not fixed and working.

Is this true should I just wait to buy?

Originally posted by Kensino View Post
    I hear all this bad talk about vB lately, so I'm scared to buy a new license, I think maybe vB might go out of business soon, since too many things are not fixed and working.

Is this true should I just wait to buy?
    Where did you hear such non sense? None of it is true. vB is going nowhere as in out of business. The other way around. It is getting bigger and bigger. What you hear are the ramblings of some unsatisified customers, pay no attention to them but go ahead and buy a vb license

Comment

any other predictions?

Comment

Just seemed like there were so many complaints and people moving to other products it wasn't a good time to buy. vB was the best forum I ever used, but it seem since the CMS came out everyone is pissed off and leaving.

Comment

The CMS is being updated in the upcoming vBulletin versions

In vBulletin 4.1 there should be a lot of changes

Comment

Just seemed like there were so many complaints and people moving to other products it wasn't a good time to buy. vB was the best forum I ever used, but it seem since the CMS came out everyone is pissed off and leaving.
            It is not everone but a few. But the things is they keep posting and posting their negative ramblings and whinings in almost every single thread and it looks like there are a lot.

Comment

vb forum script world best. just cms let vb down. all you reading unsatisfy cms users. vb4 forum script have some bug now will be fixed all untill 4.2.....
              MobilePhoneTalk.Com - Mobile Phone Community Powered By EuroVPS.Com

Comment

Originally posted by borbole View Post
                Where did you hear such non sense? None of it is true. vB is going nowhere as in out of business. The other way around. It is getting bigger and bigger. What you hear are the ramblings of some unsatisified customers, pay no attention to them but go ahead and buy a vb license
                Look at people's comments and their registration join date .
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I've used vBulletin for years, and I've also had a taste of what some of the competitors have to offer, including IPB3. I tried it, and while it looked pretty, was absolutely horrible to administrate or make custom plugins for. Trust me, you'll want to stick with vBulletin - I upgraded to vB 4 and have had no regrets doing-so!
                  -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
                  This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran Ancient View Post
                    I've used vBulletin for years, and I've also had a taste of what some of the competitors have to offer, including IPB3. I tried it, and while it looked pretty, was absolutely horrible to administrate or make custom plugins for. Trust me, you'll want to stick with vBulletin - I upgraded to vB 4 and have had no regrets doing-so!
                    same here.

Comment

Originally posted by borbole View Post
                      I'm a dissatisfied customer but I don't believe they are going bust. far from it. They need to get their act together though.

To the original poster....go ahead and buy your license, you will be fine.
                      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

People love negativity and it's the first thing people concentrate on when looking for something to buy etc.

It's just the way things are and it will always be the case. It's like on ebay, when looking to buy something, you will first look at the negative feedback before deciding on your purchase and the same can be said here.

Only you can make your own mind up but look at the positives as well and those who actually like the product.
                        The Number 2 Oldskool Site
                        Its All About Oldskool

Comment

Our board is running well, and the users like it.

I am quite excited about where the CMS will go. I think it's going to be good, and if modders get on board and the talk of a marketplace materializes it will be a great 1-2-3. Probably take another 1-2years mind you.
                          Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

Been a vb user for about a decade. Always been happy with vb, until the recent changes. I don't mind the pricing tables, but rather the changes in how difficult it is to style and create mods for now (and the seeming "shift" in the vb community since the change). The community isn't nearly as helpful as it used to be pre-vb4 (or when it Jelsoft was bought out by IB). The change is noticeable on both vb.com and vb.org. I'm not quite sure what the reason is...but I suspect that maybe a lot of the experienced coders got fed up and left for something different.

It's still a good forum option, but I don't know that it is safe to say that it is leaps and bounds the leader in the industry like it used to be. I still run vb on my site though as it is what I'm familiar with and I have too much data to make a quick change to a different system. I'm always open for change if something better comes along though (I'm someone who values community and company support).

My advice: vb is a good system if you a) don't plan on making many adjustments to it and you don't have much coding experience, or b) if you are pretty familiar with scripting and styling and don't mind putting in a lot of time customizing and c) if you don't plan on using Google ad-sense.

Of course, it's just the opinion of someone who has been using it since version 2 in 2000 yet is not an experienced coder, but rather a community builder and site administrator.
                            Last edited by Apokalupsis; Tue 20 Jul '10, 2:51pm.

Comment

Originally posted by China-Rising View Post
                              People love negativity and it's the first thing people concentrate on when looking for something to buy etc.

It's just the way things are and it will always be the case. It's like on ebay, when looking to buy something, you will first look at the negative feedback before deciding on your purchase and the same can be said here.

Only you can make your own mind up but look at the positives as well and those who actually like the product.
                              That's called being prudent.
                              qwebirc

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X