X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolla
    replied
    Originally posted by Lizard King View Post
    You can downgrade vBulletin 4 to vBulletin 3.x with Impex.
    only if you want the bare minimum stuff back. your attachments are hosed as are social groups & albums.

Leave a comment:

• OhioScions.com
    replied
    Originally posted by zachb View Post
    I'm so disappointed in vBulletin... what happened to these guys? They used to be the cream of the crop - now there isn't even documentation for their newest product?

I own 5 licenses and have run vB for over 7 years now. I recently upgraded everything I run to vB4 and I feel stuck now because the last thing I want to do is switch everything for my members again. They already didn't like the upgrade much so they won't want to learn another system. I feel duped, to be honest.

Get your act together, vB. I didn't even get a reply from an actual vB Team Member in this thread! That would have never went down 3 years ago.
    +1.

Now their offering a $50/3 vb3 deal? Ha...at the rate that they release vb3, you'll be paying more $$$ than it's worth.

I'm thoroughly tired of having to trace down all the bugs/errors in every release/update that their roll-out in vb4.

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Get your act together, vB. I didn't even get a reply from an actual vB Team Member in this thread! That would have never went down 3 years ago.
    If you need reply from vB staff, open a support ticket. That's the way it's done here.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    That's because many people who have been on here and read most of the stuff on the boards pick it up very quickly. You would be better off sending the guys a direct email if you want a direct reply from them as they are busy as well.
    I'm so disappointed in vBulletin... what happened to these guys? They used to be the cream of the crop - now there isn't even documentation for their newest product?

I own 5 licenses and have run vB for over 7 years now. I recently upgraded everything I run to vB4 and I feel stuck now because the last thing I want to do is switch everything for my members again. They already didn't like the upgrade much so they won't want to learn another system. I feel duped, to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• zachb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    Originally posted by Lizard King View Post
    oh really? that's awesome!
    it wasn't there the last time I downloaded impex (a month or 2 ago)

Originally posted by zweeper View Post
    and the other way? upgrade vb 3.x to 4.0 WITH impex? (containing blogs, gallery and so on)
    It's better to just run the upgrade script at that point, if I understand you right.

Leave a comment:

• zweeper
    replied
    and the other way? upgrade vb 3.x to 4.0 WITH impex? (containing blogs, gallery and so on)

Leave a comment:

• Lizard King
    replied
    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    nope, not yet
    you can't import 4.x to 3.8 either

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    No, there is already a discussion about marketplace in Licensed Customer Feedback forum. Nothing new. I just expressed my opinion in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    oh I know, I'm happy someone took the time to write it up
    just wish vb would support their own product

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Well, it's better than nothing. If vBulletin Solutions doesn't have time to write such a script, why not create marketplace where coders like vbcorolla can sell their products instead of being scattered all around the web. All they do is promoting vBulletin. Let demand meet supply, of course, in accordance with vBulletin Solutions, Inc.'s rules. You know coders have bills too. It's a win-win situation.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    That isn't an official import addon called impex, which is what the op asked for

I'm sure it's a fine service if it works, but vbulletin should have those options in their flagship product and not force users to go to a 3rd party site to import a database.

btw.. this part didn't ring confidence for me

almost everything!
    Last edited by Loco.M; Mon 19 Jul '10, 8:06pm.

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    nope, not yet
    There is a downgrade service from vB4 to vB3.8.

Originally posted by Floris
    There's a vBulletin 4 to 3 downgrade service http://vbfans.com/vbulletin-marketpl...grade-service/ you could consider perhaps.
    I am now offering a vBulletin forum downgrade service that will take your vBulletin 4 forum and make all the necessary changes for it to be used by vBulletin version 3.8.x. You retain all your posts, private messages, user albums, attachments, user passwords.. almost everything!
    Last edited by kyrgyz; Mon 19 Jul '10, 7:40pm.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    nope, not yet

Leave a comment:

• zachb
    started a topic Impex vB4 to vB4?

Impex vB4 to vB4?

Hello,

I want to use Impex to transfer users on one vB4 installation to another vB4 installations. Is this possible?

I looked in the docs and it seems there is only documentation for vb 3.x series. Did you guys not write docs for vBulletin 4?

Thanks.