Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing :(

Hey,
    I have a leased licence that expires next month. I find it unfair how I bought a leased licence and a month or 2 later leased licenses were scrapped to just having owned licenses only! I could have gotten an owned licence in the first place and saved loads of money, as I'm not planning to upgrade to vB4, but to stick at vB3.8.5
    Surely there's some sort of discount for us not getting any warning prior to this, not knowing that you're about to purchase something that is going to get discontinued soon.

It's just unfair in my eyes,
    Scott.

Hi Scott,

I don't see how anything unfair has occurred. You purchased a 12 month license, you got to use it for 12 months. Once it ended you knew you had to upgrade. You could have upgraded at the time off the announcement, contacted vb back when you purchased the leased license and changed it over to a full license with some additional $$$. You leaving it to now is not really unfair IMHO, as you have been using the software for the period of which you purchased to use it for.

If you search around forums, you can buy 3.x & 4.x licenses if you want a full one at a reduced price.

Comment

I agree, it is not unfair at all. My reasoning is simple, with a leased licence you have to buy a new licence each year anyway, regardless of what version it is. The only difference is now when you buy the new licence you'll be able to use your copy forever, and get upgrades for the life of the major version (4.*) instead of having to re-buy yearly.
      http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

I agree, it might sound unfair, but it simply isn't. No matter what the situation was changed to, after 12 months you would have to stop using it or renew or upgrade. Since they simply ditched leased, you have to buy a new license now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X