Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.8.5. - how long new security & bug fix'ex will be available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feldon23
    replied
    Originally posted by vbRabbit View Post
    Thanks, for your point of view - if I need better security for my community forum - need I do upgrade for 4.0.4 or wait for a bit more?
    If you want something as good as 3.8.5, but getting active security updates, you'll need to wait for one of vBulletin's competitors to fill the void left by vBulletin 4.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    That's not something I should probably comment on.

Leave a comment:

• vbRabbit
    replied
    Thanks, for your point of view - if I need better security for my community forum - need I do upgrade for 4.0.4 or wait for a bit more?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    There was an issue with 3.8.4 which did not get a patch download - and it took a while before 3.8.5 came out, which only had 20 bug fixes.
    I suspect they internally consider this to get legacy support, and that means "we are done with it". Focus on 4.1, so 4.0.4 pl1 (or perhaps a 4.0.5) will be the last one for 4.0 pushing 4.1 as latest stable, and 3.8 as EOL. After that, it's a courtesy from them probably to fix any security issues, known bugs will not get fixed, as EOL products don't get maintenance releases or support. I suspect 4.1 to be out before the end of this quarter and AFTER the majority of 3.x license types have expired (so an August release).

Leave a comment:

• 3.8.5. - how long new security & bug fix'ex will be available?

Hello, I make decision to migrate from SMF 2.0 to vB.
    But look like 4.x version even 4.0.4 release still have many bugs.
    So for my point if view 3.8.5 will be best option for today, but...
    how long new security fix'es and bug fixex will be available for this version?
    6 months, 1 year or more?
    In another words - how long 3.8.x version will be still actual and secure for big board?
    Thanks!