Purchasing a VB 3.8 License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing a VB 3.8 License

I (hope to be) soon Vbulletin License. However, I'm might be purchasing and transferring a VB 3.8 License.

When it says "Updates will end x date" what does that mean exactly? Will I still be able to use the VB License on my domain?

And how much would cost in the future to upgrade to 4.0?

You can't buy a 3.8 license. There is only option to buy 4.0 forum or 4.0 suite, both licenses gives you the right to use 3.8 for long as you want it. Next time you only need to pay when vb5 is out and you want to use it.

Comment

I am buying it second hand. Aka getting it transferred.

Comment

Than you should better ask the sales department here: http://www.vbulletin.com/contact_sales.php to avoid troubles by buying maybe a worthless license.

Comment

Originally posted by Hey You View Post
          I am buying it second hand. Aka getting it transferred.
          Good luck with that.

Upgrading it to the vB4 forum:$175, new: $195
          Upgrading it to the vB4 Suite:$250, new: $285

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Hey You View Post
            I (hope to be) soon Vbulletin License. However, I'm might be purchasing and transferring a VB 3.8 License.

When it says "Updates will end x date" what does that mean exactly? Will I still be able to use the VB License on my domain?
            Yes you can use it forever, but after the expiration date you will not be able to download any updated files, except for security patches - but they only patch the latest point release.
            Example:

• If you could download 3.8.5 then in the future you could download any security patch for 3.8.5
            • If 3.8.6 was released after your license expired (doubtful), then if a security patch was release in the distant future they would only provide a patch for 3.8.6, and you would not be able to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Abomination View Post
              Yes you can use it forever, but after the expiration date you will not be able to download any updated files, except for security patches - but they only patch the latest point release.
              Example:

• If you could download 3.8.5 then in the future you could download any security patch for 3.8.5
              • If 3.8.6 was released after your license expired (doubtful), then if a security patch was release in the distant future they would only provide a patch for 3.8.6, and you would not be able to use it.
              Thank you. That's exactly the answer I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
              X