Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wtf

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wtf

    I own 3 permanent licenses of VB and a branding free option. I've never done a chargeback or anything nefarious with VB. Why then do you guys not want to sell me more product?

    Hello,

    As a result of increasing incidents of credit card fraud, we have been required to implement a payment system in order to protect ourselves against 'chargebacks'. We are now actively refunding certain transactions that have been flagged by the WorldPay and Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd systems as being of above average risk.

    Our systems have flagged your recent WorldPay transaction (AB3DE217496E-jelsoft), and unfortunately your order has subsequently been cancelled. Your credit card will not be charged for this order. Please note that we suggest that you do not use free web mail e-mail as this is a common reason for failed transaction. You are welcome to place an order utilizing our other payment methods:

    - Instantly via PayPal
    - Wire Transfer

    Or alternatively, contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or directly (9am-5pm PST, Mon-Fri) at 1-877-326-6444, and we can work with you to process the your payment.

    Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
    Kind regards

    vBulletin Sales Team
    https://www.vbulletin.com/ - [email protected]
    http://www.thescubastop.com
    http://www.midwestdive.com
    http://www.divepros.org

  • #2
    Well my wife and daughter are out of town this weekend and I was going to spend tomorrow upgrading my forums. Will probably be months before I get that kind of free time again. You guys just lost $750 in sales. Nice to know you are making so much you can throw that away.
    http://www.thescubastop.com
    http://www.midwestdive.com
    http://www.divepros.org

    Comment


    • #3
      Paypal is no option for you?
      .......

      Comment


      • #4
        IB wants your money, don't worry about that. It's worldpay who doesn't want to do business with you, distrusting your credit card purchase.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
          Paypal is no option for you?
          Good god no, spending money through paypal is about the most insecure thing you can do. Looks like someone at jelsoft decided to fix it though.
          http://www.thescubastop.com
          http://www.midwestdive.com
          http://www.divepros.org

          Comment


          • #6
            Is that why so many people don't use it?

            Comment


            • #7
              all you need to do is use your isp email.


              paypal is secure these days as long as you use a strong password.


              in 10 years of paying with paypal i have had no problems. my brother was not so lucky but thats what he gets useing "Yankees" as a password.

              Comment


              • #8
                This is something that needs reviewing in my opinion especially as refusal by WorldPay seems completely arbitrary and it is losing IB revenue.

                We recently tried to purchase a number of licences. One of these purchases was declined in the same way but a second card with the same provider was accepted. The card which was accepted was however declined when we tried to purchase two further licences. Those two forums are now running on another platform.

                I have more licences that I manage coming up for reveiw in the next couple of months and no way to pay. I also won't use PayPal as I have had a number of problems with them and find them somewhat untrustworthy.
                .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by zappaDPJ View Post
                  This is something that needs reviewing in my opinion especially as refusal by WorldPay seems completely arbitrary and it is losing IB revenue.

                  We recently tried to purchase a number of licences. One of these purchases was declined in the same way but a second card with the same provider was accepted. The card which was accepted was however declined when we tried to purchase two further licences. Those two forums are now running on another platform.

                  I have more licences that I manage coming up for reveiw in the next couple of months and no way to pay. I also won't use PayPal as I have had a number of problems with them and find them somewhat untrustworthy.
                  You can always contact them as the e-mail says. This is not an issue with Internet Brands/ vBulletin Solutions it is an issue with WorldPay and it is happening to hundreds of thousands of other websites that use them as a processor.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
                    all you need to do is use your isp email.
                    Well that's just stupid. I have to have an @att.net to buy VB? I can't use my company email? All it says in the message is that I shouldn't use free email providers, which I never have.


                    Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
                    paypal is secure these days as long as you use a strong password.
                    Using paypal is like sticking cash in an envelope. If something goes wrong say bye to your money. There is absolutely no fraud protection from paypal. I know first hand.
                    http://www.thescubastop.com
                    http://www.midwestdive.com
                    http://www.divepros.org

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sportsfi View Post
                      You can always contact them as the e-mail says. This is not an issue with Internet Brands/ vBulletin Solutions it is an issue with WorldPay and it is happening to hundreds of thousands of other websites that use them as a processor.
                      Then get a real processor. If you want to pretend to be a serious business entity you can't have crap like this. You also generally want your customers to be able to buy your product anytime, not just 9-5 M-F GMT.
                      http://www.thescubastop.com
                      http://www.midwestdive.com
                      http://www.divepros.org

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nothing wrong with using your company email. What he was trying to say is dont' use something like @hotmail

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sportsfi View Post
                          You can always contact them as the e-mail says. This is not an issue with Internet Brands/ vBulletin Solutions it is an issue with WorldPay and it is happening to hundreds of thousands of other websites that use them as a processor.
                          I would have thought it is an issue with IB/vB if using WorldPay is losing them sales. I've been using the same credit card provider for 30 years and I've never had a transaction declined and never applied for a 'chargeback'. The point I'm making is my experience suggests the WorldPay verification process is arbitrary, it appears they have a heuristic system which is flagging false positives.

                          IB/vB may or may not care about this but at least they are now aware of it.
                          .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by zappaDPJ View Post
                            I would have thought it is an issue with IB/vB if using WorldPay is losing them sales.

                            My thoughts exactly. In my case I went to purchase and Amex declined the initial charge because their fraud protection kicked in. 15 seconds later (literally) my phone rang and it was Amex wanting to know if the charge was legit. When I told them it was they said it would now go through.

                            However on the next 3 attempts IB/WP/Whoever decided to automatically cancel my purchase. Thankfully someone here saw either this post or my bug report and fixed the issue about an hour later, but how many people don't bother? If I wasn't already a heavy VB user I would have just gone strait to IPB.

                            If I had to guess I'd say this is definitely costing them legit sales.
                            http://www.thescubastop.com
                            http://www.midwestdive.com
                            http://www.divepros.org

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Why do they still have references to Jelsoft?
                              We are now actively refunding certain transactions that have been flagged by the WorldPay and Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd systems as being of above average risk.

                              Our systems have flagged your recent WorldPay transaction (AB3DE217496E-jelsoft), and unfortunately your order has subsequently been cancelled.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X