Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will vB4 Chinese version available?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin.Allen
    replied
    I suggest this post to be closed as everything is not in finally decision. We are on the way of discussing it with IB Adrian.

Leave a comment:

• chenf
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Please read the second post. We no longer distribute a native Chinese version of vBulletin.
    Actually the second post doesn't suggest you no longer distribute a native Chinese version of vBulletin.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    We don't actively support a Chinese version of vbulletin4.
    Providing a version of vbulletin4 to vbulletin-china.com customers is dependent upon us managing our priorities, it is something we would like to do, but our development team have been prioritizing the release of vbulletin 4.0.4
    Anyway, can I still upgrade to vB4 from here and translate by myself (I guess someone may have done it already)? BTW, originally I bought vb 2 or 3 from here and was asked to buy the Chinese version for upgrade later.

Frankly I am not happy about the situation, but it's better to have a clear answer from vB officially without keep waiting forever. I am hoping there is an upgrade path for us!

Leave a comment:

• Feriscool
    replied
    They won't be.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by chenf View Post
    It has been another 3 months. Can we have vB4 Chinese version now?

Please read the second post. We no longer distribute a native Chinese version of vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• chenf
    replied
    It has been another 3 months. Can we have vB4 Chinese version now?

Leave a comment:

• HanzoNeo
    replied
    due to business issue, I also need vbulletin Chinese Version, too.

Leave a comment:

• we_are_borg
    replied
    Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
    People say VB China is a different company yet their two people are listed here as staff: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...Bulletin-staff ?
    While I don't ever plan on using a Chinese version I'm sorry to see any Admins in such a bad position as the Chinese apparently are- if they were able to buy vB4 legally there should be some support for the language- they aren't asking too much. :/
    vb-china was a reseller of the vb product some how they vanished in to thin air. After some time vb.com toke the support back over to here so they can have support, also vb.com have some people on there staff that speak and write Chinese. The only official language that vb.com supports is English if you want another language you need to make it your self. By the way vB-germany is a reseller just like vb-china was. Also they can buy the software in the English language there should be no restrictions on exporting it to China, but China it self can have restrictions for the software so people living there should first check if they may use it. When they have the software they can't use the search it does not work, what they can try is use the Sphinx addon to see if that works.

So there is some support for answering tickets but not for a translation that's the same with all languages our on your own there. Except German translation that you buy at vb-Germany thats supported by them.

Leave a comment:

• mimocherry
    replied
    chinese vb forum just released the chinese package, but again it is not compatible to my forum.

now, my users are asking me to switch back to PHPBB!!

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    People say VB China is a different company yet their two people are listed here as staff: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...Bulletin-staff ?
    While I don't ever plan on using a Chinese version I'm sorry to see any Admins in such a bad position as the Chinese apparently are- if they were able to buy vB4 legally there should be some support for the language- they aren't asking too much. :/

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace View Post
    Do you mean, like a percentage difference? Offer it at $55 instead of $60? (That's not the renewal price, that's what they paid for a 'Perpetual' license in its entirety.)
    You still have perpetual license. You can run vb 3.x as long as you want.

I was joking about the presale (other members may have gotten a laugh.) Why would you expect vB 4.0 for $55 if people here paid three times or more that amount to upgrade from vB 3.x perpetual licenses to vB 4?

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by slinky View Post
    My answer is the same, although with a little less humor if you missed it. How about the same method the rest of us went through?
    Do you mean, like a percentage difference? Offer it at $55 instead of $60? (That's not the renewal price, that's what they paid for a 'Perpetual' license in its entirety.)

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace View Post
    I'll ask the question again:
    My answer is the same, although with a little less humor if you missed it. How about the same method the rest of us went through?

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by slinky View Post
    Right now I'm working on a site in China that will eventually need a forum. I have a great idea. Why not have a presale for vB 4 for Chinese customers?
    I'll ask the question again:
    When a Chinese 'Perpetual' (their version of our old 'Owned') license was approx $60USD and a renewal was approx $10USD, what discount do you reckon they should get to upgrade to vB4?

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    Originally posted by 1.. View Post
    BEING A TRUSTED COMPANY, they should GIVE A CLEAR ANSWER. Many people have waited here for half a year, if I were you, I won't say that.
    Right now I'm working on a site in China that will eventually need a forum. I have a great idea. Why not have a presale for vB 4 for Chinese customers?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by mimocherry View Post
    I love VB features so much..it is not about refund... My forum is English, but it can support Chinese postings though.

Just that some features are not supported...but I have filed the bug report.

VB supports are VERY DECENT! we should give them a chance to fix it.
    BEING A TRUSTED COMPANY, they should GIVE A CLEAR ANSWER. Many people have waited here for half a year, if I were you, I won't say that.
    Last edited by 1..; Sat 3 Jul '10, 1:04am.

Leave a comment: