Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time forum

Hi, My name is marios.

I would like to know more about what i would need to start up my own forum.

The main question is what package do i purchase and will it be enough for around 2000 members and 100 daily member visits and the costs involved.

I dont know much about starting a forum but i do learn fast and i would like as much help as possible before i pick a package.
    I have also heard of socialgo.com but this site looks much better.

My website is going to be about selling/buying and talking gold.

I hope anyone could help.
    Thankyou

Well, vBulletin is just the forum software, I suggest the Suite for you, since you got many members, and then a CMS is useful.

If you're looking for a good website hoster, feel free to google that, there are enough 'Hoster Reviews' at the web

Comment

Hosting requirements will come down to budget and website traffic. You will need a hosting package that can handle the load that the visiting members will place on the site. vBulletin software doesn't need much server HD space. What it does need as the membership grows is bandwidth, server cpu time and enough ram to keep the database working smoothly. If you expect 10 or less members to be logged in at a time then you will be able to initially get away with a cheaper hosting package, even a shared host or virtual server. But once the number of concurrent members logged into the site goes over 20 you will need to start looking at dedicated server solutions at a cost of £100/$150+ per month.

If this is your first forum, and you currently don't have any members, then I suggest you start small. Get some cheap hosting that supports php 5 and mysql5 and start the site. Once it starts to outgrow that hosting you can then look to move to a more expensive hosting solution to suite your needs.
      Retro Amiga gaming. Come visit us as http://www.classicamiga.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X