X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needing some answers please

Hi all

im very very new to all this

anyway i wish to start a forum and i was wondering if i buy a licence for vBulletin 4 for $195 is this for life or do i need to pay this every year?

also say i go for the $195 package can i later upgrade to the publishing suite?

i need help as soon as possible so i can purchase it

thank you

You would get updates for the 4.x series. And would not need to pay again until 5.x is released. And that's only if you want to upgrade to 5.x. You can keep running 4.x as long as you want.

It would cost $100 to upgrade to the Suite later.
    Quarrels and Quills - always in need of more members
    RPG Tools

Comment

thanks for a quick reply

is it worth buying the suite now i mean it is a new forum or should i buy it afterwards?

is there any indication as to when vb 5 will be released?

Comment

I bought the suite so I think it is but there's a lot that don't feel the CMS is worth it at the moment. I had a phpbb, wordpress for cms, and wordpress mu for users integration before and it was a pain once Wordpress went to 2.8 as our bridge failed so we wanted something integrated smoothly. It depends if you want to offer your users blogs and need a cms or not.

And I don't know when its on their calendar. Hopefully 5.x won't be released for a long time.
        Quarrels and Quills - always in need of more members
        RPG Tools

Comment

thanks alot mate

youve helped me out alot

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X