Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions befiore buying vbulletin

Hi

Ok we all know that vbulletin is no.1 software to run a forum but I have some confusions which are as follow

1.How much GB do we need to run a forum with 5000 members, lot of people suggested me that it depends upon me but I have no idea about GB thing.

2.I want a photogallery as well in my forum to upload photos, question is that if is it vbulletin who will provide the gallery or the host which I am gonna buy...? please give clear instructions on this.

3.Can you suggest the cheapest host?with regular backups?

4. How will we get ads on forum?

5.After how many years does vbulletin changes its version?
    6.How many admins can use AN ADMIN CP?with different passwords, each.

7. Last but not the least, If I have to customize my forum with different kind of skins and stuff like that, will I have to purchase such even after paying for vbulletin licence?

Thanks really in advance for kind support
    Last edited by choco; Sun 23 May '10, 3:12pm.

pls reply

Comment

1. If you're referring to bandwidth then get as much as you can afford! The amount you use will depend on many things including:

- how active the users are (do they load a lot of pages or just a few)
      - how big your images/attachments/avatars are
      - do you allow guests to view your forums as well as members

2. vBulletin has User Albums at this point rather than an outright Gallery. We do have a customisation site at www.vbulletin.org where you may be able to get a Gallery to add-on to your installation

3. We do not make official recommendations, but we do have a hosting review forum here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

You can also look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com, an independent review site. Sometimes you will find hosting specials there that aren't available elsewhere on the web.

4. vB4 has a built in Ad Manager where you can place your own ad code. We also have an integration with Google AdSense via our Members Area.

5. There's no fixed term. It was a few years between vB3 and vB4 - I can't give you a timescale for vB5 as no timescale currently exists!

6. As many as you need however to maintain effective control, we'd recommend only giving access to a few

7. Yes although www.vbulletin.org also has a number of free styles available for download.
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Thanks really a lot for answering my points, I have another question.......

can we make blogs too in vb4 (not vb4suite)?

and yesssss another question:

is it necessary to keep our forum on vb4? can we switch to vb3 (as I found that more easy) and gain full updates and benefits ,we have in vb4? I know for sure that I will get vb3 versions too while buying vb4 licence.

Last edited by choco; Tue 25 May '10, 6:38am.

Comment

No, the Blogs can only be added in the Publishing Suite.

You can use any version of vBulletin up to and including vB4 if you have a vB4 license - there is no requirement to run vB4.
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X