Publishing or classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing or classic

I'm trying to figure out if I really need publishing or will forum 4.0 be enough. from the feature list I see that the main difference between the two is the cms system. I will not utilize the blog or article feature but I do need a front page to display info such as: recent post, question of the day that will be answered in the forum, weekly polls, and comment of the day. Do I need publishing to get this information and show it or is the code open source where I can create my own php scripts to show this data? Is there any part of the code that is encypted or inaccessible?

Thanks for the help.

I have the classic forum, at the moment I am using vbadvanced which is working well for me and your able to set it as your default www.xxx.com if your site is in /forums area but I am sure the CMS is a little better.

Comment

i would get the suite because if you need ticket support after 30 days you would have to pay for that and the support plus forum classic price is higher than the suite.

i would use the vb advanced with the latest 3.8 series till 4.1.0 comes out then give vb 4 a try out

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I had no idea vbadvanced existed. It definitely gives me another option. Mike Anime you make a good point about the cost of support. Didn't think about that. If I purchase the suite can I disable the blog and article feature through the control panel? At this point I don't want to utilize it.

Comment

Yes, you can disable them.

Comment

Great. I'll go with vbulletin suite. It will be cheaper in the long run.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ladylike View Post
              Great. I'll go with vbulletin suite. It will be cheaper in the long run.

Thanks everyone.

Welcome

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X