Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current customer, buying outright - linked together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current customer, buying outright - linked together?

I am currently considering the option of purchasing the VB4 suite outright so i can still use VB3 elsewhere if I need to. If I do purchase, can the new one be linked to my current customer account? Would prefer it all in one place rather then have 2 customer numbers.....

Cheers
    vBulletin Owner since 2002!

I believe you login to your customer number and buy a new vBulletin 4 license at full price. But I may be wrong.

Comment

Hmmm, thanks Feldon, I'll check it out. Anyone from IB/VB Solutions care to comment as well?

Comment

Just tried a dummy order up to the payment point. I selected No Upgrade but am still asked for customer info - Name address etc etc. Would prefer confirmation from a staff member as to whether the purchase will be reflected on MY customer number.

Cheers

Comment

Oh, and as an addendum to this..... if I *can* purchase a new version AND have it linked to my current customer number, can I upgrade my 3.8.4 forum to VB 4.0 and use a new install of my 3 forum somewhere else? Technically I would have 2 owned licenses so they shold be pretty much mine to do what I like with (within the bounds of the license of course!)

Comment

I bought a VB4.0 Forums license for $185 on 5/6/10 but I owned VB4 x2 prior to that.

So it's either $185 or $195 --- and I had to enter all of my customer information to complete the order. At the end, the new license shows up under my existing account. Took about 1 hour or so to complete through the credit card processor.

Originally posted by Speedway
            Oh, and as an addendum to this..... if I *can* purchase a new version AND have it linked to my current customer number, can I upgrade my 3.8.4 forum to VB 4.0 and use a new install of my 3 forum somewhere else? Technically I would have 2 owned licenses so they shold be pretty much mine to do what I like with (within the bounds of the license of course!)
            It will be linked to your current account as long as you are logged into the customer's page at http://www.vbulletin.com -- You can do what you'd like, as you explained. You just need to update the URL in your members area for each location of where you are using VB3 and VB4.

I know you said suite, but as far as the pricing goes - I think you'll be paying $285 since 0 - 2 licenses is $285 while 3 - 5 licenses is $270. If I buy another suite now, it would be $270. (Forums: $185 again)
            To be updated...

Comment

Thanks ENF, sounds like just what I am after. And yes, I'll be buying the suite @USD$285.00.

Cheers

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X