Quick 4.0 and 3.8.5 question about custom user profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick 4.0 and 3.8.5 question about custom user profile

Hey, I'm looking into buying vB but I had just a question.

-Does the User Profile Customization option apply to all versions of 3.8? (Including 3.8.5) What about 4.0?

VB3.8.X - Yes

VB4.0.X - No [But, it's supposed to be coming back...]

By customization, you mean the coloring and style of each user's profile individually, yes?
    To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
      VB3.8.X - Yes

VB4.0.X - No [But, it's supposed to be coming back...]

By customization, you mean the coloring and style of each user's profile individually, yes?
      Ahh I see. Thank you and yes, I do mean the coloring and styling of each user profile. May I ask, which VB versions allow that feature? I've heard that only certain versions of 3.8 allow this, but I was not sure if this was true or not.

Also, if I can I get yours or anyones opinion on which version is better? I've heard that 4.0.X has many bugs and some missing features and because of this, many people decide to stick with 3.8.X.
      Last edited by boiano; Wed 19 May '10, 4:52am.

Comment

Originally posted by boiano View Post
        Ahh I see. Thank you and yes, I do mean the coloring and styling of each user profile. May I ask, which VB versions allow that feature? I've heard that only certain versions of 3.8 allow this, but I was not sure if this was true or not.

Also, if I can I get yours or anyones opinion on which version is better? I've heard that 4.0.X has many bugs and some missing features and because of this, many people decide to stick with 3.8.X.
        For now, only 3.8 allows for profile styling. In a future version of 4.x, it will be brought back.

As for which version of vBulletin to use, that's up to you. However, with 3.8, you won't have blogs or CMS, only a forum.
        No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

Originally posted by jmurrayhead View Post
          For now, only 3.8 allows for profile styling. In a future version of 4.x, it will be brought back.

As for which version of vBulletin to use, that's up to you. However, with 3.8, you won't have blogs or CMS, only a forum.
          Ahh I see. Thank you for all of your help. I think I will stick with my original plan of using 4.0 =)

Comment