X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s1dest3pnate
    replied
    Originally posted by wojo00 View Post
    Do I understand it correct that I have to buy the 4.0 License of Vbulletin for the client and then have to update his forum to a 3.8.5 first and then the install to 4 and all these versions can be downloaded from the user panel within vbulletin once the V4 licence has been bought?
    That's correct.

Leave a comment:

• wojo00
    replied
    Do I understand it correct that I have to buy the 4.0 License of Vbulletin for the client and then have to update his forum to a 3.8.5 first and then the install to 4 and all these versions can be downloaded from the user panel within vbulletin once the V4 licence has been bought?

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by wojo00 View Post
    Ok how would I do that? The thing is that a client of mine has a unregistered vbulletin and I've told him to buy the license because its illegal and it will give security risks.
    My client does not know nothing about installing or updating so I've told him that he if would pay for the licence I would update his forum for him. Well the client has paid so I would like to get started and start buying the license, just don't really know where to start since he has an old version 3.6.8.

Do I have to connect with the sales team for this matter? Please any advice would be great.

Thanks
    After you client buys a license, then he can download the vb package from his/her member area and all you have to do is overwrite the null files with the legit ones to perform the upgrade. But send an email to the sales support as well.

Leave a comment:

• wojo00
    replied
    Ok how would I do that? The thing is that a client of mine has a unregistered vbulletin and I've told him to buy the license because its illegal and it will give security risks.
    My client does not know nothing about installing or updating so I've told him that he if would pay for the licence I would update his forum for him. Well the client has paid so I would like to get started and start buying the license, just don't really know where to start since he has an old version 3.6.8.

Do I have to connect with the sales team for this matter? Please any advice would be great.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You would want to first upgrade your site to 3.8.5 and then upgrade to 4.0. Of course, you'll want to make a database backup before you start the upgrade, and after upgrading to 3.8. You may want to read this article - vBulletin 4.x Upgrade Instructions

Leave a comment:

• wojo00
    started a topic Upgrade from 3.6.8. to latest

Upgrade from 3.6.8. to latest

Hello all,

Is it possible to upgrade from 3.6.8 to the latest version? How would I do that? Any help would be appreciated!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X