Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of coming over from SMF...questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of coming over from SMF...questions.

I have SMF 1.1.9 and am thinking of converting to vBulletin.

Questions:
    I see there is some sort of script to move stuff over but my database is pretty massive (763,867 Posts in 40,460 Topics by 7,037 Members) will this cause any problems? I dont want to lose any information. All it seems that will be lost are member privileges, and users will have to reset their passwords. Correct?

Is there a nice portal for vBulletin? Also are the add-ons free for vBulletin?

I know there is the new CMS version, wouldn't mind viewing a live example of it that someone is maybe using? Seems like it might be the way to go.

Thanks,
    Matt

ps: is there anyone you can recommend to make the move for me?
    Last edited by matt94gt; Sun 16 May '10, 3:56pm.

You can check out the add ons at www.vbulletin.org

My forum had about 400 000 posts. Not as big, but it worked fine in the transfer.

The CMS/Blog will be good, though is currently not up to it if you are even half way experienced with WP, Drupal or Joomla.

It will be good.

Also themes are a little short right now as theme developers are likely waiting until 4.1 is released. Maybe sooner.
    Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

Live example of the CMS: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php

You can also give vBulletin a test drive by going to http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php, which will allow you to play with the CMS component as an Administrator.
      Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by matt94gt View Post
        I have SMF 1.1.9 and am thinking of converting to vBulletin.

Questions:
        I see there is some sort of script to move stuff over but my database is pretty massive (763,867 Posts in 40,460 Topics by 7,037 Members) will this cause any problems? I dont want to lose any information. All it seems that will be lost are member privileges, and users will have to reset their passwords. Correct?
        You can check the following for the data that will be converted.
        http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_smf

Not sure if there is any latest update.

Originally posted by matt94gt View Post
        Is there a nice portal for vBulletin? Also are the add-ons free for vBulletin?
        vbulletin.org is the official vbulletin resources and 3rd party addon/plugin. mostly free.

Comment

Originally posted by socceronly View Post
          You can check out the add ons at www.vbulletin.org

My forum had about 400 000 posts. Not as big, but it worked fine in the transfer.

The CMS/Blog will be good, though is currently not up to it if you are even half way experienced with WP, Drupal or Joomla.

It will be good.

Also themes are a little short right now as theme developers are likely waiting until 4.1 is released. Maybe sooner.
          I see that updates are free for the forum until the version is old I assume the version they mean 4.xxxxx right? Is that the same with the CMS or no?

ps: I have done wordpress sites in the past, no joomla.

Thanks,
          Matt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X