Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB3 on VB4 License

Hi,

In August 2010 my VB3 yearly license runs out.
    If I was to buy a VB4 license in August 2010, just before it runs out.

Will I be able to run VB3 till I have updated to VB4?

Regards,
    Garry

Originally posted by DolphinEcho View Post
    Hi,

Regards,
    Garry

Yes. You can run vb 3x even without having to upgrade to vb 4x if you so wish.

Comment

Originally posted by DolphinEcho View Post
      Hi,

Regards,
      Garry

Your vb3 license expire in aug 2010.
      if yours is owned license, you can even download vb4 forum now (without the cms) and latest updates till aug 2010 and use it perpetually.

Comment

so i must upgrade my vb3 to vb4 before aug 2010 to have the license with unlimited time?

or i can choose to upgrade my vb3 to vb4 anytime? because my license already include to use it perpetually in vb3 or vb4.

Comment

assume your existing owned vb3 license expire in 31st Aug 2010.

assume latest version vb4.1.5 on 31st Aug 2010 and another release vb4.1.6 in Sep 2010.

You can download any version of vb up to vb4.1.5 and use them perpetually without the need to pay for upgrade.

If you want the whole branch of vb4, then you will need to buy upgrade to vb4 license.

Comment

ouch...

i purchased the license just couple weeks before vbulletin team decide to change how the license work, not per year periode again, but depend on the version periode.

so you can say i pay 2 times just to have the latest vb4 version running in my forum, is that correct?

sorry for my bad english..

Comment

Originally posted by Gripi View Post
              ouch...

i purchased the license just couple weeks before vbulletin team decide to change how the license work, not per year periode again, but depend on the version periode.

so you can say i pay 2 times just to have the latest vb4 version running in my forum, is that correct?

sorry for my bad english..
              Your example is exactly the same as the one given above, except for the day the license expires. (His = August 31. Yours = 'just couple weeks before vbulletin team decides to change how license work'.
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X