No announcement yet.

Why should he get vBulletin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the bugs with VB4? I deffently want to skin it with a template but then add some CSS styles my self, I know this is easy to do in SMF what about VB4?

Comment

vbulletin 4 bugs

2.544 bugs in vb4 that remain to be fixed.
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

To the guy we're trying to persuade: You clearly don't like vBulletin and prefer SMF, so just stick with it...

Comment

Originally posted by CFCParadox View Post
          I need some strong valid points!
          Sorry, it is not our job as fellow customers to write a cost-benefit analysis and bullet point comparison of all forum software out there every day when a new person asks the SAME question asked the day before (for the last 9 years) which is "Why should I buy vBulletin?"

Do some research. Do some searches.

Comment

i have a fairly large smf forum listed in big-boards. i understand for those who has a very very customize smf forum, it will be hard for them to switch to any other forum software.

this is because there are alot of customize hard coding at smf which if switch to vbulletin or ipb, there will be a very huge change and rework.

long established community resist change as always, especially big change.

i only have 1 forum remains smf because many of the staff there resisted the change and the customize rework is too tedious but from then on, all my other forums are using either vbulletin or ipb.

in my opinion, vbulletin is superior than smf, more clean to develop customize plugin/function, alot more administrative options than smf.

anyway, there is no need to persuade smf coder to switch to vb. most likely they do not have an open mind and refuse to acknowledge ipb and vb are superior and easier to customize cleanly. they are one of the people who resist change.

Comment

Originally posted by LiamHammett View Post
              The "Oh wait a sec" was neccessary there. vB4 was a big letdown and from what everyone's told me, it's buggy as hell. I'm on the http://ultimate-portal.net/ team for SMF, and that is much better than the default CMS included in vB.
              While there certainly are enough bugs to keep the developers busy, "Buggy as hell" is a drastic overstatement.

Also Portal <> CMS. vBadvanced is a very mature portal system, and at this time is a terrific match-up with vB4.0, as their strengths complement each other. Compare "Ultimate Portal" to vBa, not to vBulletin 4's CMS. Better yet, compare SMF+UltimatePortal to vB4+vBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkham View Post
                While there certainly are enough bugs to keep the developers busy, "Buggy as hell" is a drastic overstatement.

Also Portal <> CMS. vBadvanced is a very mature portal system, and at this time is a terrific match-up with vB4.0, as their strengths complement each other. Compare "Ultimate Portal" to vBa, not to vBulletin 4's CMS. Better yet, compare SMF+UltimatePortal to vB4+vBA.
                not by much it isn't 2K bugs is buggy as hell

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
                  not by much it isn't 2K bugs is buggy as hell
                  To me "Buggy as hell" suggests that 4.0 is "completely unusable", which is certainly not the case regardless of your antagonistic opinion.

Your nonstop bickering and sniping is really getting tired. You've made the switch to IP -- Good for you, good luck -- now at least respect those of us who are interested in vB's future and pipe down.

Comment

To me "Buggy as hell" suggests that 4.0 is "completely unusable", which is certainly not the case regardless of your antagonistic opinion
                    Would 'completely unusable' apply to software that out of the box will kill the server if I unleash my 10.000 concurrent users on it?
                    I buy 420 forums

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
                      Would 'completely unusable' apply to software that out of the box will kill the server if I unleash my 10.000 concurrent users on it?
                      Could be, but that's not in relation to "buggy as hell". But from what I've read, there are ways around that after you take vB "out of the box".

Maybe in your case it's "completely unusable out of the box" versus "usable only after sacrificing some blood on the vB altar".

Comment

Haha. Thats true. But taking vb out of the box and sacrificing some blood on the altar does means fixing bugs that are in vbulletin 4.
                        And even after that the CMS is not completely usable for big boards yet. The number of articles would need to be very limited. Digital points has limited it to 5 articles.
                        I buy 420 forums

Comment

To me "Buggy as hell" suggests that 4.0 is "completely unusable", which is certainly not the case regardless of your antagonistic opinion.

Your nonstop bickering and sniping is really getting tired. You've made the switch to IP -- Good for you, good luck -- now at least respect those of us who are interested in vB's future and pipe down.

if you can't handle honesty maybe you should pipe down instead. vB MIGHT be trying to get its act together but it is too little too late for those of us who switched after seeing how buggy as hell vb 4 is

just because something is not completeley useless does not mean it isn't buggy as hell.

"gold" software should NOT have 2k bugs i think 500 is still too many for "gold" however if something was being rewritten from the core up then 500 bugs would be acceptable for "gold"

jelsoft would never have realesed vB4 untill it was really ready. this is why so many of the origional devs left.

Comment

if you can't handle honesty maybe you should pipe down instead. vB MIGHT be trying to get its act together but it is too little too late for those of us who switched after seeing how buggy as hell vb 4 is

just because something is not completeley useless does not mean it isn't buggy as hell.

"gold" software should NOT have 2k bugs i think 500 is still too many for "gold" however if something was being rewritten from the core up then 500 bugs would be acceptable for "gold"

jelsoft would never have realesed vB4 untill it was really ready. this is why so many of the origional devs left.
                            Why are you still here? Seriously. Why do you continue to post here if you despise the product so much?
                            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

very generic question.

Comment

You really have no clue why they've left unless they've personally told you why. They left for their own reasons, lets not put words in their mouths or assume things for them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X