Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punchbowl
    replied
    I heard they were all actually vampires and feast on the blood of unsuspecting 'virgins'. Also see this excerpt from their tos:

...with regard to the modification of ip.board by customers, hereafter known as legion, legion shall bow down to the awesome power of Beelzebub. hail satan, hail satan, hail satan!
    It's on the internet so it must be true.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    i have access to the protected forums at ipb and there is a HUGE thread for RECENT vB to IPB converts and their presales forum is lit up like an x mas tree about people switching from vB to IPB.

they have more mods than you think. they are listed as hooks though. their hook system allows for easier upgrading.

i have yet to see what the OP is talking about at ipb.

at least ipb never deleted a free skin thread like vb did and even infracted the poster saying s/he was spamming the forums though it was a simple post about a free skin week event where coders were getting together to code up some ipb and vB 3 and vB4 skins now said person will no longer maks vB skins because of that.
    Last edited by Mike Anime; Tue 18 May '10, 3:20am.

Leave a comment:

• Homeworld'sa
    replied
    Yes, my ban expired yesterday feldon. If you want to talk to me about it, PM me.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Originally posted by Homeworld'sa View Post
    Just what I feel that happens to me here on vb.com
    Hello there -Calypso-, hope you are enjoying the use of vBulletin 3 (hopes)
    They unbanned you?

Leave a comment:

• Riasat
    replied
    Originally posted by License Agreement
    Posts arguing about company policies are not allowed. You can fill out a support ticket if you have issue with company policies.
    /me rolls eyes at License Agreement!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Originally posted by License Agreement
    • While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort of 'ooh look, yet another bulletin board' threads. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other boards.
    • We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
    • If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
    • Posts arguing about company policies are not allowed. You can fill out a support ticket if you have issue with company policies.
    • Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.
    Just as a reminder...

Leave a comment:

• Homeworld'sa
    replied
    Originally posted by borbole View Post
    And yes, they delete your posts if they feel like it.
    Just what I feel that happens to me here on vb.com
    Hello there -Calypso-, hope you are enjoying the use of vBulletin 3 (hopes)

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
    So it's not true that IPB deletes first, asks questions later?

Is the negativity about IPB just FUD?

Inquiring minds want to know. And I realize this is not the forum for this, but then neither is the IPB forum.
    Nope, the negativity about IPB is not just FUD. And yes, they delete your posts if they feel like it. Have you seen any thread there criticizing the Ipb like you see it here that users criticize vb and their threads don''t get deleted but they go on and on for how long they want.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    So it's not true that IPB deletes first, asks questions later?

Is the negativity about IPB just FUD?

Inquiring minds want to know. And I realize this is not the forum for this, but then neither is the IPB forum.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by funmasti View Post
    i seen most of peoples leaving IPB and joining Vb
    Define most.

I highly doubt this statement holds water.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by funmasti View Post

Leave a comment:

• funmasti
    replied

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    This is why I have not jumped ship to IPB. They seem to make every decision based on personal, rather than professional reasons. Grudges and personality conflicts are not supposed to enter the decision-making process about how you run your support forums.

Leave a comment:

• -Calypso-
    replied
    yes, the 3.0.x and above is using hooks system so you can change/run things without file edits

Leave a comment:

• DoE
    replied
    Welcome to vB, Calypso!

I love to code too. A friend of mine is switching to IPB, and as he is I searched for some mods people coded for IPB and found very few. I wanted examples to review to see the differences between vB and IPB so I can write some specialized mods for him. Most I found were template mods, but I was looking for mods that added functionality.

If you do not mind answering, can hacks be written that utilizes php hooks, or do you need to manually edit IPB files? For example I wrote a mod for vB that automatically copies moderated posts and sends the copy to an Admin viewable only forum to make it easier for moderators to review all new moderated posts, is this possible in IPB using hooks (with vB no core file edits were needed)?

Sorry for the question, and as well sorry that you are switching from one forum software to another. Seems like those who were with vB a long time are switching to IPB, and those who were with IPB are switching to vB, go figure.

FYI, writing mods for vB (without actual file edits) is very easy, you will love it.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X