to be sure before i prepare

Originally posted by ZakXX View Post
    before i'm going to prepare vbulletin
    i need to know if there a convertor from my SMF 2.0 RC3 to vb
    to be sure before i prepare
    There isn't one.
    1.1.4 is the highest supported.
    You may try,but surprises might pop up.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
      There isn't one.
      1.1.4 is the highest supported.
      You may try,but surprises might pop up.
      A small correction, at the impex system there is a smf 2 folder. But I don''t know if it is for smf 2.0 rc 3. Also the smf 1.1.11 is supported. I know this as I have converted several smf 1.1.11 forums to vb.

Anyway, I have read here a post from a staff member where it was stated that those forums that are in beta/rc stages won''t be supported until they reach the final stage.

However, you could convert your smf to phpbbb 3 and then convert to vb.

Comment

Why i9s there no converter for smf 2.0rc3 then ?
        SMF has converter for ever Vb version.

Comment

I also want to know if this is possible. I have a site that is running SMF 2.0 RC2 and would really like to change over to vBulletin. I am not going to buy vBulletin first just to find out so if anyone has a clue if the conversion of at least the members, topics and post is possible please let me know.

Comment

The converter works fine with smf 2.0 rc2& rc3 as well, no worries. A couple of days ago I converted a smf 2.0 rc3 to vb 4 for a client of mine.

Comment

if you really want to switch to vb i would suggest going to the newest 3.x.x version if you are going to buy the suite if you want the forum classic then the only issue you will have is skinning the board now then again with 4.1.0

Comment

Convert from SMF 2.0 RC3 to Vbulletin

Originally posted by borbole View Post
                The converter works fine with smf 2.0 rc2& rc3 as well, no worries. A couple of days ago I converted a smf 2.0 rc3 to vb 4 for a client of mine.
                That is good to know.. Thanks.

Originally posted by Mike Anime
                if you really want to switch to vb i would suggest going to the newest 3.x.x version if you are going to buy the suite if you want the forum classic then the only issue you will have is skinning the board now then again with 4.1.0
                Ok, I do not understand what you are saying. I only see 4.0 for sale and why would you have more issues with a newer version? If I do purchase vBulletin it will be the Suite, not just the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by screenprintersop View Post
                  Ok, I do not understand what you are saying. I only see 4.0 for sale and why would you have more issues with a newer version? If I do purchase vBulletin it will be the Suite, not just the forum.
                  With the licence for vB4 you can install earlier versions as well,such as 3.8.5.
                  Convert to that then upgrade to vB 4.x.

Comment

With the licence for vB4 you can install earlier versions as well,such as 3.8.5.
                    Convert to that then upgrade to vB 4.x.

May I ask why that is ncessary? Like that is more work. When he can convert straight to vb 4x.

Comment

May I ask why that is ncessary? Like that is more work. When he can convert straight to vb 4x.
                      No,it's not necessary.
                      Only a suggestion.More work but the transfer could be smoother.

Comment

No,it's not necessary.
                        Only a suggestion.More work but the transfer could be smoother.
                        And why it would be smoother? Doing it like that he will have to deal with the conversion + the upgrade. I wouldn''t call that exactly smoother

Comment

And why it would be smoother? Doing it like that he will have to deal with the conversion + the upgrade. I wouldn''t call that exactly smoother
                          That is your opinion.
                          I have my opinion.
                          I would do it this way,you would do it that way Full Stop

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X