Ipb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipb

I don't mean to sound like a troll, sorry if I do, I just want an answer.

IPB plus IP.Content comes to a total of $200. This is the same price as vBulletin without any publishing features. Even vB Publishing Suite doesn't offer a real CMS, from what I can tell, it's just an 'article manager'.

Since you're charging a premium over IPB, I ask, what do you offer over them? I'm torn between vB and IPB right now, so I'm curious what I'd get over here by paying the $50-$85 premium.

Thank you.

vBulletin is the best forum system evar, but cms is quite fresh and not very good. But Im sure it will improve with later versions of 4.x

I'd say go for vB with publishing suite, you won't be sorry. I work with vB since 2005 and I love it.
    Last edited by jan1024188; Sat 1 May '10, 3:54pm.
    My brand new vB forum - http://www.janbirsa.com

Comment

The plan is, that the CMS will be optimized in version 4.0.4, as said by Adrian.

Comment

VB4 was meant to be the best forum software ever so Adrians promise for VB 4.0.4 to be gold 6 months after it was released is a little rich tbh!

Comment

Vb4 has fallen behind the curve and it will be quite a while before they are able to put there best foot forward again (mg opinion).

Vb4's cms has a better backend for publishing articles over ip.content (seems more user friendly) but it lacks reviews or the ability to add your own fields like ip.c
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

vb4 has some missing features that vb3 has

i switched and i am happy.

don't let my opinion sawy you or others sway you do reserch and find out for yourself. road test both with their demmo. and see what works for you.

Comment

IP. Content is a very good product from IPB, but it's very hard to use for rookie users, VB CMS is more user friendly as someone mentioned above.
              If you would like to see a Mass PM feature in VB please vote for it here
              *Learn Hungarian*

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X