Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Licenses - Question RE SEO Friendly URLs

Hello,

I'm currently auditing VB via the Demo. Question is regarding SEO friendly URLs.

I searched "SEO" on this forum, but given the search term is too short, it didn't garner any results.

Question:

1) Are all URLs on Categories, Posts, Blogs, and CMS generated from the Title, e.g.,

/this-is-my-post-title ..and/or.. /title-of-article

Or, to choose such a structure, would it need to be selected/modified from the Control Panel? And if so, from which section? (in the demo)

Thanks.
    Last edited by tChristine; Fri 28 Jan '11, 1:36pm.
    FF w/ Web Dev / Firebug / DW

If you are going for vB4, then SEFLinks are included with the software. You just have to set the settings in the AdminCP.
    If you are going for vB3, then vBSEO or some other modification is required for link rewrites.
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

As Homeworld'sa said, however, with regards to vBulletin 4:
      The URLs are friendly and to a degree optimised. There are three options: No URL optimisation, friendly (showthread.php?350626-Multiple-Licenses-Question-RE-SEO-Friendly-URLs) and completely optimised URL (/forum/350626-Multiple-Licenses-Question-RE-SEO-Friendly-URLs) [I think that's the schema - I use vBSEO on all vB forums, regardless of version] As this stage, those are the three options, and you cannot specify your own. Of course, a custom modification could be built to facilitate your need.

URLs are generated from the thread/post w/e ID and the title, if appropriate.
      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
      vBulletin Hosting and Services
      Server / Website Consultation

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X