Convert PHPBB3 to VB4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert PHPBB3 to VB4

I currently have a phpbb3 forum with over 3700 members and a few mods mixed in that someone had installed for me.
    How hard is it to convert to VB4?
    Will members need to re-register?
    What can I expect after the conversion?

Thanks!

Hi,

no the members dosen't need to register again, you can import the accounts,

the problem is that you can't import the old passwords made by phpbb, but you can regenerate a new ones (as forgoten pass), be sure that your members enter a valid email adresses.

best choice man

regards,

Comment

Converting to vB is very easy. You do that by using the Impex system. Al you have to do is to read/follow the instructions in the readme file and you should be all set. Also note that your custom mods and styles won''t be converted over.

Comment

Will all of the threads be converted over? Will members loose their post counts?

Comment

Originally posted by lacaliboy View Post
          Will all of the threads be converted over? Will members loose their post counts?
          Yes, all your threads will be converted over. And no, your members will not loose their post counts.

Comment

Originally posted by borbole View Post
            Yes, all your threads will be converted over. And no, your members will not loose their post counts.
            Thank you very much! Any warnings I Should know about?
            Also, I have A VB board last year someone gave to me and it got very infected with viruses. Does the VB4 come with any scripts that help prevent this?

Comment

I guess what im trying to say is, Is there a way to block out these little virus/malware's from being added to the VB script?

Comment

Keep your forum and every other script you have in your server up to dated with the latest versions and you will have nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by borbole View Post
                  Keep your forum and every other script you have in your server up to dated with the latest versions and you will have nothing to worry about.
                  Thank you for all the quick support! PHPBB is horrible!

Comment

Originally posted by lacaliboy View Post
                    Thank you for all the quick support! PHPBB is horrible!
                    You are welcome

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X