How much MySQL space will I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much MySQL space will I need?

My hosting company offers 2MB of MySQL space (whatever that means...) Is that enough? I will already have to pay extra for this but they told me that I can order more for more $$. How much is needed for a board that will probably get about 20 posts per day on average, from past experience... Keep in mind I'm a newbie, and by far not very computer literate.

Isnt the myslq data space inculded in the Package you take? Like for example 400mb and 15 gig for XXX$ Or is it 400mb for regular web activities and your myslq data isnt included?

As for the 2mb it sounds realy small.

Comment

In all honesty on a low traffic site, 2 MB will last you about 30-60 days. You might work on finding a better provider.

Some of the ones recommended often include:
      www.hostmatters.com
      www.venturesonline.com
      www.veoweb.net

All of these have experience with vBulletin and are run by knowledgeable people. They also have low cost premium hosting to suit a variety of needs.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I use valueweb and I have their standard plan... The MySQL is $15 extra per month for 2MB, then they said it will be extra for more. Does valueweb have any experience with vbulletin?

Also our site gets about 1.4 million hits per month...

Given this info, how many MB do we need on MySQL?
        Last edited by AtlSupreme; Thu 6th Dec '01, 2:20pm.

Comment

$15 a month for 2MB? Get another host...quickly...that is a complete ripoff.

With 1.4 million hits a month you'd blow through 2MB in about 24 hours, probably faster.

We recommend www.VenturesOnline.com .

Comment

Yup for peace of mind I'd recommend Venturesonline.com as well
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I still need to know how much space I will actually need....

Also, I have an adult oriented site. Does Venturesonline host adult content?

Comment

Originally posted by AtlSupreme
                I still need to know how much space I will actually need....

Also, I have an adult oriented site. Does Venturesonline host adult content?
                VO doesn't allow adult content on virtual shared plans , but if you get a dedicated server VO allows it...

as to disk space an example my forum has 498,000+ posts, 4300+ members, 39,000+ private messages, 700 custom avatars, 660 avatars and occupies 630MB of mysql database space which is different from web hosting web space.

I'd recommend you get at least 500 web space and an ask your host if they allow a mysql database space of 100 - 300MB at least
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by AtlSupreme
                    Thank you very much!
                    no probs

Comment

My humble forum takes up 30 MB of space already....
                      iHu6.com (BETA) - www.ihu6.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X