Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a third party login/signup be integrated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a third party login/signup be integrated?

My client already has a signup and a pay wall for subscriptions to their service. They would like to install something akin to vbulletin to be accessed by paid members once they are logged in.

Is this doable?

How do I turn off the login/signup on vbulletin such that their sites signup form inserts directly into vbulletin, and you don't have to log in to both?

Originally posted by developingchris View Post
    My client already has a signup and a pay wall for subscriptions to their service. They would like to install something akin to vbulletin to be accessed by paid members once they are logged in.

Is this doable?

How do I turn off the login/signup on vbulletin such that their sites signup form inserts directly into vbulletin, and you don't have to log in to both?
    Such thing does not exist in the current version of vBulletin.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

You may set up a bridge: when a client subscribe to your service, his account is created in the vBulletin database within a specific user group.
      It is the simplest solution.

Comment

Originally posted by sd2310 View Post
        You may set up a bridge: when a client subscribe to your service, his account is created in the vBulletin database within a specific user group.
        It is the simplest solution.
        So by a bridge you mean, insert records into the vbulletin database from my signup form?

If so, is there a way to set the vbulletin auth cookie from my app so that I can also bridge the login?

Are there any options to disable the login prompt in vbulletin?

Comment

There are always ways to do things, we just don't provide support or help for them Customization are not supported, though you can go to vBulletin.org to get some help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X