Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Upgrading to Branding Free with an Already Owned 4.0 Suite License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Upgrading to Branding Free with an Already Owned 4.0 Suite License

Hello,

I own the 4.0 Suite. I previously owned Project Tools and Blog, however those now are defunct products.

I have three questions:
    • How do I purchase an upgrade to branding free, since I already own an active 4.0 Suite license?
    • With the Suite, this is treated like one product now, right? SO once I buy branding free, it will apply to all areas of vB? For example, the Blog, the CMS, the Forums? One branding free covers them ALL now, is that correct?
    • IF I buy branding free, is that only good for the current major version? For example, if I buy branding free tomorrow for the 4.0 Suite family, when you come out with 5.0 will I just have to pay for a normal upgrade from 4.0 > 5.0 (and my branding free license will carry over) or will I need to purchase branding free all over again for the 5.0 Suite family?
    Thanks!
    Jeff

Originally posted by NashChristian View Post
    How do I purchase an upgrade to branding free, since I already own an active 4.0 Suite license?
    I think the option somehow got lost durring the creation of the new site, I can't find it.
    With the Suite, this is treated like one product now, right? SO once I buy branding free, it will apply to all areas of vB? For example, the Blog, the CMS, the Forums? One branding free covers them ALL now, is that correct?
    Yes
    IF I buy branding free, is that only good for the current major version? For example, if I buy branding free tomorrow for the 4.0 Suite family, when you come out with 5.0 will I just have to pay for a normal upgrade from 4.0 > 5.0 (and my branding free license will carry over) or will I need to purchase branding free all over again for the 5.0 Suite family?
    I can't say that will be the case for vb5 but it has been transfered from vb 3 to vb4 for free.

Comment

In order to purchase the branding option:

1) Go to http://www.vbulletin.com and click "Customer Login" (Top right of the page) [Same login as http://members.vbulletin.com]

2) On the next page just click "Continue" - Big blue button, don't do anything else just click Continue only!

3) Now, you should have a list of your licenses. (If not, check your login or license status)

4) Check the "Branding Fee Option" ($170) for the license you wish to apply to. (Check box)

5) Click "Continue"

6) Finalize your purchase in the normal manner.

7) Done.

Hope this helps.
      To be updated...

Comment

Great guys! Thanks!

Now if I just could hear back from vB on that third question... ?

Comment

Great guys! Thanks!

Now if I just could hear back from vB on that third question... ?
          Hm. If memory serves, it does not carry over. But, yeah, get the official answer from them.
          To be updated...

Comment

Can I get a STAFF response to this please... before I spend more money?

Comment

Can I get a STAFF response to this please... before I spend more money?
              Don't rely on getting a reply here, there's not a 100% chance you'll get a response. Send an inquiry to [email protected] to save your time in waiting for a reply here.
              To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
                Don't rely on getting a reply here, there's not a 100% chance you'll get a response. Send an inquiry to [email protected] to save your time in waiting for a reply here.
                Funny, that's what I thought that pre-sales questions were for... ok. Well, thanks for the heads up!

Maybe "they" don't want to publicize the answer...

Comment

I had a branding free on vb3 and it is on my vb4 license as well. I would imagine it would work the same, but yet again, I do not have the official word.
                  Michael Biddle - Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Michael. The way these software licenses have gone with vB, I can envision them changing the rules mid-game, so I just want to make SURE. Is there anyone here on STAFF who can answer this please? (This is the right website?)

Comment

The branding free should be attached to the license itself. Assuming you can continue to upgrade your current license the branding will not be lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                        The branding free should be attached to the license itself. Assuming you can continue to upgrade your current license the branding will not be lost.
                        Appreciate the confirmation Zach. Then I'll buy it!

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X