Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migration Queries

Hi all,

I'm considering migrating my forum (only small 250 members) to VBulletin 4 with cms for the cms features and i like the look and feel of vBulletin forums.

I am currently running and smf 2.0 RC 3 board and all is well. I see that impex is capable of transferring smf forums which is great. However, i note it does not transfer user passwords. I guess this is because each forum has a different encryption scheme (smf sha - 1).

My question is how feasible would it be to implement a page where members can verify their identity by using their old sha-1 password from smf and then have them set their new vBulletin password on the same page.

I don't mind getting my hands dirty with the code and this feature is something a number of the managers of my board are asking for. I know you can reset by email but they would prefer the above method. I also realize I'll need to add a new table to the db containing old passwords etc but i can make a little php script to do that.

Thanks for your time.

John

Most things are quite feasible if you know what you're doing in terms of coding, and you're willing to modify some core vBulletin files. It doesn't sound like you'll need to do that though, just write your own password reset script.
    - the makers of VaultWiki

Comment

Completely fessable IMO.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X