Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Renewal

Hello all,

I've got 2 owned licenses which have both expired. I want to renew them but cant seem to find out how and the new system doesnt have a renewal section that I can find.

Its been a while since I renewed them, one expired at the end of 08, the second license expired this past September.

How do I renew my license so I can download the latest update?

You have to purchase licenses for vb4.
    s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

Ok, so tell me if I'm correct on this...

I have to re buy software that I've already purchased, to get the latest security patches? The days up paying the renewal fee for the latest version is gone?

Comment

Sadly, yes.

Included in that, however, is a license to run vb4 forever without yearly renewal and access to all past vb versions.

Access to vb4 may be more of a curse than a blessing, though it seems to be getting better.
        s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

I'll admit the cost is worth it if this means full access to the software forever, but does this include all future updates forever as well?

My jaw dropped when I ready I need to rebuy the software. I almost want to move to another brand after being a loyal vBulletin customer for as long as I have been.

Comment

Yes, all updates are included. The yearly renewal fee does not exist anymore. SO, you'll pay for the new licenses and you won't have to pay again until VB5 comes out, if you so choose to upgrade to VB5. You won't ever lose access to VB4 updates, until they stop making updates/fixes (EOL).
            To be updated...

Comment

You get updates forever for versions 4.x.x and below. In the future, you'll have to upgrade your license again to access the 5.x.x upgrades - of course even if you don't upgrade your license whenever that comes, you'll still have access to vB4 (and vB3).

Comment

ı buyed 30 min ago new licence but download not active this normal ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mry View Post
                  ı buyed 30 min ago new licence but download not active this normal ?

yes depending on purchase method. worldpay cc charges have to clear first. e checks take longer and paypal still takes time. it appears that paypal has been having issues latley sending payment to vB in a timely manner.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X