Abilities of vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abilities of vBulletin?

First off, thank you in advance for the help. I am completely new to web design, and forums, so I appreciate the assistance.

I am looking to create a site where the home page can be various articles, blogs, reviews, etc. (maybe a few advertisements), and then also have a discussion forum. However, I need for multiple members to be able to register as a group, or maybe one person registers the entire group, and they would have access to a private forum for their group, as well as all of the public forums. Is this possible with vBulletin?

Also, I'm wondering a little about the site creation itself. I have hosting with iPage, and use their site-creation tools (no Dreamweaver or Expressions knowledge). Will I be able to integrate the vBulletin software into my site, and keep the look/layout the same? iPage does offer the free phpBB, but it looks completely different than what the rest of the site looks like.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

The vBulletin Publishing Suite can do what you need. For your different groups, you can use either Usergroups created in the Admin Control Panel or allow users to create social groups of their own. With social groups, the group leaders can control who has access and whether the content is private or public.

With hosting on iPage as long as they provide PHP and MySQL access, you can host vBulletin. Out of the box it will look like this. However by editing the templates and CSS, you can make it look like your existing website. It would require knowledge of both HTML and CSS at this time though.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks...

One more question. As I said, I have no web design experience. Is it possible, or is it just how it is, that when I install vBulletin, it pretty much IS the website? I like the ability for the main page to have blogs, articles, maybe an ad or two.... in a nutshell, I'm hoping that by installing vBulletin, I'm mostly done with building the site. I can figure out how to tweak it enough to make it my own, but I don't want to have to spend tons of time (or money) on building a site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X