Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Trying to Start a Forum

Hi,

I am newbie here and I looking on information on how to start up a forum. I would like a step by step tutorial if possible from A to Z.

I am also not sure if the Version's of vBulletin matter as well. If you someone here would be kind of enough to assist me in this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

-John

Basicly as any forum goes:

-Upload contents of software to where you want the forum hosted on your website
    -Set up MySQL database and user(remember the logons)
    -Go to /vBRoot/includes/config.php.new
    -edit in the above MySQL information
    -Run install script
    -Set up Forum.
    -Enjoy!

This is an extremely simplified version. Maybe a vB Tech can get more in depth.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I have no experience with coding or building websites. The only experience I have is Wordpress. Approximately how long do you think it will take to setup?

Comment

I'll gladly help you with the setup. Send me a PM if you need assistance.
        Xbox Fan-site: www.XboxCommunity.net

Xbox 360 Achievements: www.x360achievements.com

Comment

Depends on experience, but all in all, mysql and forum uploading around 30 minutes to an hour. The install script only takes about two minutes.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I'm pretty sure I can get the software installed and such, but am not very familiar with how to create a MySQL databse that will work with vBulletin. JVCode, would you be able to lend a hand?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X