No announcement yet.

Is it time to upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your forum is in Hebrew or Arabic then you might want to wait a little till the RTL issues are sorted out.
    www.erodov.com :cool:

Comment

5 months I think it is time to upgrade?
      most likely NO
      in each new version I find general bugs.
      I wonder when the time comes ....
      I was hoping 4.0.3 is now stable enough but ...
      born to fish forced to work

Comment

As you may gather its the CMS Im most interested in. Is it feasible to run vb4 on a server without actually transfering my forum over so I can use the CMS but disable the forum side of things and continue to use my 3.7.3 in its original location until things settle down. Even if I create a link between the CMS and 3.7.3.

The idea behind this is it will give me time to get the CMS populated and myself used to working with it, hopefully vb4.1 would then allow me to make a full switch.

Comment

No, not without having two licenses anyway.

Comment

dark style, fixed width style, ie users, rtl user - no
            vb4.0.3 still beta.

many improvement on styling has not been rightfully addressed.Yes I agree many bugs has been addressed.

try to skin one black skin with the suite. you will still find plenty of problems.

I think 4.1, will be gold(7 more version). hopefully
            Get Our New Flat Theme Pro Pack or Grab all 34 vb5.5.4 skins @sultantheme.com -vb3 responsive style or vb4 responsive style and vbcloud custom style

Comment

Originally posted by napy8gen View Post
              dark style, fixed width style, ie users, rtl user - no
              vb4.0.3 still beta.

many improvement on styling has not been rightfully addressed.Yes I agree many bugs has been addressed.

try to skin one black skin with the suite. you will still find plenty of problems.

I think 4.1, will be gold(7 more version). hopefully
              napy8gen, your skins for vB4 are the best I have seen on the Internet and the only styles that did not look like recolored stock skins.

Its a pity that you stopped selling them.
              www.erodov.com :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by vijayninel View Post
                napy8gen, your skins for vB4 are the best I have seen on the Internet and the only styles that did not look like recolored stock skins.

Its a pity that you stopped selling them.
                I am not stop selling I havent sell any vb4 pre-made skin yet.
                I am waiting a good vb4 version to start converting and selling.

thats in vb4 demo forum is custom orders or converting from 3.8 orders.
                right now I only took custom orders for vb4.

vb4 version has a lot of styling problem. One of my customer has a big network forum, has a lot of issues that I have to addressed myself since last December.Its really time consuming.
                Get Our New Flat Theme Pro Pack or Grab all 34 vb5.5.4 skins @sultantheme.com -vb3 responsive style or vb4 responsive style and vbcloud custom style

Comment

To the Original Poster, you may want to read the various threads in Licensed Feedback forum which details the many issues people are experiencing with vb4 at this time. Some of those issues may impact. Some may not. But it will give you an idea of wht you are walking into if you take the plunge.

Personally, I think your host did you a favor and saved you some headaches.
                  Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Many thanks guys for all of your help, I think I will wait a while and see how others feel about vb4.1 before taking the plunge.

Comment

Originally posted by sff View Post
                      Many thanks guys for all of your help, I think I will wait a while and see how others feel about vb4.1 before taking the plunge.
                      after reading one thread in the licenced members section i suggest running away from here and fast!

Comment

Guys,

I wonder if you answers to my original question remain the same or is it worthwhile considering an upgrade to vB 4.0.6?

Your comments are most appreciated.

Comment

Any thoughts please?

Comment

Any thoughts please?
                            A few hundred bugs have been repaired,so it is a good sign to upgrade your 3.x forum to 4.x
                            Well,there are left more than a thousand to deal with...

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Guys,

I wonder if you answers to my original question remain the same or is it worthwhile considering an upgrade to vB 4.0.6?

Your comments are most appreciated.
                              4.1 is just around the corner, but I did just upgrade one of my sites to 4.0.6. My members are loving it so far (partly because of the XenForo-like style I did). We haven't had any issues as of yet (although, we are a smaller site with 2,698 members and 17,992 posts and approximately 100 visitors online at any given time). They say that any styles should convert properly when upgraded to 4.1...we'll see how that works out. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it now.

Not sure if that helps any...but that's just my experience.
                              No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

Thanks for your input guys.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X