Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Owned license - upgrade costs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Owned license - upgrade costs?

    Hi
    I purchased a license for vBulletin 3 a long while ago.
    Since then I shut the forum down for various reasons, and havent been using the software etc at all.
    However, Im now considering starting a new forum - how do I find out what I need to pay to upgrade my already purchased license so I can download vBulletin 4?
    Thanks

  • #2
    http://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php

    Comment


    • #3
      I guess it's time to take my penguin elsewhere. Cannot afford vB anymore. How sad, by the time you get rid of the god awful purple, the price went through the roof.

      Comment


      • #4
        There are no annual "renewal" fees now. You pay a one time fee for the life cycle of the 4.x product.
        I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Hooper View Post
          I guess it's time to take my penguin elsewhere. Cannot afford vB anymore. How sad, by the time you get rid of the god awful purple, the price went through the roof.



          heck i am on a fixed income and disabled and i was able to afford it. i just saved the money for a while then took advantage of the presales.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ah - so the fact that I held a previous license doesnt entitle me to a discount?

            If I purchase v4, it states I am entitled to a discount on the next versions - so is that not true to users going from v3 to v4?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
              heck i am on a fixed income and disabled and i was able to afford it. i just saved the money for a while then took advantage of the presales.
              Lets face it - in its current beta state it wasnt worth the $130 upgrade for the suite nevermind the $175 for just the forums or $195 for the suite. Nevermind breaking the terms of the sales agreement with yearly renewals and now asking you upgrade even for just security fixes for the 3.8.x version.

              vB is reaping what it sowed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ifti View Post
                Hi
                I purchased a license for vBulletin 3 a long while ago.
                Since then I shut the forum down for various reasons, and havent been using the software etc at all.
                However, Im now considering starting a new forum - how do I find out what I need to pay to upgrade my already purchased license so I can download vBulletin 4?
                Thanks
                Your current license is still usable for vBulletin 3, if you wish to upgrade to a vb4 license the cost is 175 for the forum classic product and 250 for the suite. If you have any futher questions about your license, etc I would advise raising a support ticket

                Comment


                • #9
                  So I need to pay the full new purchase price, and the fact that I purchased a previous license now means nothing?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Full price is 195/285, there is a discount.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                      Full price is 195/285, there is a discount.
                      with all the bugs still around and a few other issues you think IB would give us better discounts.


                      20.00 and 35.00 is good but IB still could do better IMHO


                      maybe 35.00 - 50.00

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I just had to throw my two cents in here. I have been using vB for many years. I have ALWAYS bragged about it as if it were my own, simply because it's a wonderful application. No, it hasn't always been perfect, but having experienced the majority of the other forum and community software applications out there, I feel it far exceeds all others in quality and functionallity. I do not know php, but have always been able to heavilly modify vB via tutorials, plugins, and mods from the vast vB community. I love that. And vB's spam prevention has always been better then any of the other applications I have tried. Support on the vb.org forums is amazing.

                        I came here today to buy the new 4.0 publishing suite. I was ready to pay the full price, but was happy to see I do get a discount for upgrading an old expired leased license. I think that $250 to $300 is perfectly fair for software that does so much, has been around so long, and is highly supported by it's makers AND it's fan base.

                        Just my "two cents".

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by AFemaleProdigy View Post
                          I just had to throw my two cents in here. I have been using vB for many years. I have ALWAYS bragged about it as if it were my own, simply because it's a wonderful application. No, it hasn't always been perfect, but having experienced the majority of the other forum and community software applications out there, I feel it far exceeds all others in quality and functionallity. I do not know php, but have always been able to heavilly modify vB via tutorials, plugins, and mods from the vast vB community. I love that. And vB's spam prevention has always been better then any of the other applications I have tried. Support on the vb.org forums is amazing.

                          I came here today to buy the new 4.0 publishing suite. I was ready to pay the full price, but was happy to see I do get a discount for upgrading an old expired leased license. I think that $250 to $300 is perfectly fair for software that does so much, has been around so long, and is highly supported by it's makers AND it's fan base.

                          Just my "two cents".

                          with all the bugs and skinning issues i decided to move on IB ruined Jelsofts product IMHO

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                            Full price is 195/285, there is a discount.
                            Don't spend that $10 all in one place.

                            Originally posted by AFemaleProdigy View Post
                            I have been using vB for many years. I have ALWAYS bragged about it as if it were my own, simply because it's a wonderful application. No, it hasn't always been perfect, but having experienced the majority of the other forum and community software applications out there, I feel it far exceeds all others in quality and functionallity. I do not know php, but have always been able to heavilly modify vB via tutorials, plugins, and mods from the vast vB community. I love that.

                            I think that $250 to $300 is perfectly fair for software that does so much, has been around so long, and is highly supported by it's makers AND it's fan base.
                            I've used vBulletin since 2001. I agreed with you about the previous products. But I would not make any assumptions about vB4 based on what you saw with vB3 series. vB4 is a whole different animal. Buy it, try it, but don't go into it unawares. vBulletin 4 has almost a completely new development team (the old team quit with 2 exceptions).

                            I loved vB2.2.x, vB3, vB3.5, vB3.6, vB3.7, etc. But vB4? It needs work.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i have been using vbulletin since 3.0 through 3.8 and even tried vb4.

                              some might feel vb4 is the best but my own opinion, at the moment, it still cant match vb 3.8.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X