This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal Boards?

Hi, What happens to illegal boards if they are found?

They burn!!! hehe
    Good question. I think they get asked to purchase it, if they dont then they will contact the host, and their hosting gets shut down. Thats unfortunate hehe
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

They are actually just shut down.

Especially if there illegal board is warez
        Email: [email protected]
        Site: Under Construction

Comment

Kaizen that is not accurate. Sinecure is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
            Kaizen that is not accurate. Sinecure is correct.
            I'm afriad it is.

I have spoken to John about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen

I'm afriad it is.

I have spoken to John about this.
              You're not saying those "caught" running an illegal board is refused from buying a licensed copy, are you? That's rather funny, business-wise. Or are you saying Jelsoft doesn't even enter into a dialogue with whoever runs it, they just take steps to have it closed down, and hope they take the hint?
              Toddler from Hell

Comment

I don't know company policy but i think what they do is clse to

Or are you saying Jelsoft doesn't even enter into a dialogue with whoever runs it, they just take steps to have it closed down, and hope they take the hint?

Comment

Kaizen it would make no sense to contact the host directly and get the website turned off unless it is a warez site distributing vBulletin. I'm quite sure that's not what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                    Kaizen it would make no sense to contact the host directly and get the website turned off unless it is a warez site distributing vBulletin. I'm quite sure that's not what happens.
                    Talk to John. I know for a fact that illegal sites (especially warez) just get shut down by a email to there host.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen
                      Talk to John. I know for a fact that illegal sites (especially warez) just get shut down by a email to there host.
                      Why would Jelsoft just shut them down, if they can get them to buy a license?
                      Think about it.
                      Chen Avinadav
                      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly

Why would Jelsoft just shut them down, if they can get them to buy a license?
                        Think about it.
                        Please talk to John - he will confirm what I am saying.

I do not wish to discuss this publically anymore. If you want to talk to me about it contact me on icq.

Comment

If I find a warez board or site, I will email the host direct - whether they have any contact with vBulletin or not.

If a site is reported where they are running vBulletin without a license, I will try to contact the webmaster first, and give them a chance to purchase a license. If not, I will then contact the webmaster.

John
                          John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

That's what I had heard before and what I assumed to be correct. That is not the same thing as you are saying, Kaizen.

Comment

That's what I had heard aswell. Wonder what 'shrooms Kaizen was on when he discussed this.
                              Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X