• Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha 4 hours and already complaining
    good luck with life dude, try to be a bit more patient
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

I love life. I also love threads that are unread lol.

Comment

Can mods please lock this...

Just leave it as Solved.

Thanks.

Comment

You need to understand that vbulletin is a business first, and a piece of software second.

That being said, whether you pay with paypal or CC transaction, some merchants manually approve everything. They do this to ensure they get their money. If you have some money in your account but not enough, then a transaction might say completed successfully, while others will decline the transaction and still say it was completed.

You act like your a VIP customer, and you should get top priority, since you been so loyal since 6.0 days. You realize how many other clients have been as loyal as you have? I am sure quite a few.

It clearly says at some point during the purchase that it does take up to 24 hours. Not sure where since it has been a while since I bought mine, but I know it does, and you start complaining after 4 hours when you still had another 20 to go before complaining. Learn some patients.
          George Beale
          www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

George,

I recall the section you speak of but I also recall numerous staff here advising potential customers to use paypal over the other forms as the process is instantaneous. Definitely a point thata should be represented better going forward.
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
              George,

I recall the section you speak of but I also recall numerous staff here advising potential customers to use paypal over the other forms as the process is instantaneous. Definitely a point thata should be represented better going forward.
              Paypal is just a payment gateway. Yes, soon as you make a payment then paypal sends the merchant an email letting them know someone sent them money as long as it went through successfully. Then the merchant does things manually from there in most cases.

Technology is only as good as the people who invented.

My point was, that people need to be patient. 4 hours is really nothing.
              George Beale
              www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

I love life. I also love threads that are unread lol.
                How the hell are you running a community man? Each payment is verified by the staff to avoid fraud, so stop whining.
                something...

Comment

Well as I said, it used to be instant. I didn't know that they reverted to manual verification.

I run communities easily and have been for years now. Never had a problem, just with people that think they are somewhat special than everyone else. Communities are about helping and having a good time, not trolling forums trying to pick at anything people say to raise a post count .

So I have discovered that vBulletin no longer have instant activation. I'll deal with that. No one said that, maybe vBulletin should put that on their "How long until I receive software" question in the FAQ on the main site. No where does it say ANYTHING about Instant PayPal Transfer. If it had of, you wouldn't have need to troll and raise your post counts

Enjoy the night. Thanks...

As I said.. Lock the thread to stop trollers

I don't know why anyone is replying anymore.. I'm speaking with staff.. Thats three times I have posted that in different posts now, but everyone would know that if they actually read threads.. That's what you do at every community when you run your own for long enough

--- Edit:
                  Thanks Reeve!

Comment

Originally posted by PaidGamers.net View Post
                    Thanks borb

As I have also said in an above post. I'm in speaking with them now.
                    I see you run 3.6, the Jelsoft version. I guess you're still used to Jelsoft support times, being under 3 minutes on average. And up to an hour. Times have changed. Those support people and developers aren't there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                      I see you run 3.6, the Jelsoft version. I guess you're still used to Jelsoft support times, being under 3 minutes on average. And up to an hour. Times have changed. Those support people and developers aren't there anymore.
                      yeah..we're here since 2001 floris, vb4 time 2010 is a totally new experience. the software the people. Its not beloved Jelsoft anymore.

FYI vb4.0.2 still buggy at this time. yes I reported plenty of them you can check.
                      Get Our New Flat Theme Pro Pack or Grab all 36 vb5.6.6 skins @sultantheme.com -vb3 responsive style or vb4 responsive style and vbcloud custom style and Please check out Our first vBCloud pre-made theme

Comment

While I see you have been talking to vbulletin...

I can say that PayPal's IPN is not necessarily instantaneous. Some times it comes immediately. Other times it comes the next day. Other times, it sends the wrong data and it crashes the system and you have to watch your email and enter stuff manually when that happens.

Presently, you cannot receive payments if your site uses Flash. That has been the case since March 9th(or when I discovered the issue) when they upgraded their system. Some upgrade. But they're working on fixing the issue... just don't have any clue when they're going to actually have it fixed.

So my site which relies on Paypal has come to a complete halt with emails saying, can't buy your product... SIGH....

But the point is, this wasn't necessarily Vbulletin's fault. I'd blame Paypal.

But then I'm still debating purchasing Vbulletin and actually have experience with Paypal. :shrug:
                        Quarrels and Quills - always in need of more members
                        RPG Tools

Comment

Coincidentally today all my paypal buttons showed to me in my browser as invalid certificates. But like, every other hour or so. Quite strange.

Comment

hmm.. my Paypal automated payments seems to work just fine.. not sure why vB's isn't (or why flash on your site makes any difference) as for the wait for OPs software, I'm not liking the extended wait times this new vB (IB) company offers. We use this software because we have become accustomed to a certain professional level of operation and support.
                            Steve, Webmaster and Admin
                            www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

@Floris: Yeah, lots of secure sites have received expired certificates, like urljet.
                              That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

Originally posted by pokesph View Post
                                (or why flash on your site makes any difference)
                                Here's the thread on their developer forums where I discovered they are actually working on it if you're interested.
                                Quarrels and Quills - always in need of more members
                                RPG Tools

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X