Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biker
    replied
    While I wouldn't exactly give a glowing recommendation to the company I host with, they are cheap, and I'm on a dedicated server that I have total access to. While, for the most part, this is a good thing, I do miss having Tech Support at times, especially when I'm going through mail issues (like now.. **sigh**).

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    Originally posted by Biker View Post
    Unless you're going the dedicated route, I wouldn't use GoDaddy. They have some half-baked requirement that you can not have more than 1024 files in a directory. Suspect it's a script limitation, but some larger boards could easily run afoul of this.

omg my sailor moon gallery whould need to be split not good.

Leave a comment:

• Biker
    replied
    Unless you're going the dedicated route, I wouldn't use GoDaddy. They have some half-baked requirement that you can not have more than 1024 files in a directory. Suspect it's a script limitation, but some larger boards could easily run afoul of this.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    We do not make any hosting recomendations, though GoDaddy as of late seems to have been fine. At the very least no one seems to be reporting issues.

i have seen posts saying they are having issues. its like some of the godaddy servers are setup and others arent.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    We do not make any hosting recomendations, though GoDaddy as of late seems to have been fine. At the very least no one seems to be reporting issues.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Be careful of the shared hosts but if you go with them it is your choice.

Leave a comment:

• Senkoomtep
    replied
    Originally posted by PhinPhan View Post
    You installed VB on GoDaddy without any problems?
    Yes I did. 3.7.0 and it has been up for well over a year with no issues at all. I've purchased v4 but I'm going to wait until I can get a style I like before I install it.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    Originally posted by iadmirevb View Post
    sssshhhhh... that's a host company best kept secret. Nobody really backups every single night... trust me, i know.
    it's best to manage your backups yourself
    there are several ways to run automatic database backups once a night

and ps I wouldn't use godaddy hosting even if they paid ME for it

check out webhostintalk to research your host

Leave a comment:

• PhinPhan
    replied
    Originally posted by Senkoomtep View Post
    My experience with using Godaddy as a host has been pretty much without any issues. Board installed fine and has been up for many months with barely a blink.
    You installed VB on GoDaddy without any problems?

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    Originally posted by iadmirevb View Post
    sssshhhhh... that's a host company best kept secret. Nobody really backups every single night... trust me, i know.
    well they do but you pay extra for it.

most do weekley or biweekley backups

well my old host did nightley backups problem was they kept having server issues and even the backups got corrupted. thats why they are my old host. my advice stay away from Optiquest

Leave a comment:

• iadmirevb
    replied
    Originally posted by diesalot View Post
    HostGator are great untill your website goes down. They do backups but only on sites with 4gig or less of data. A friend had a website with them in shared hosting and their site went down and then was told their 50gig of data was to much to backup even though they told them it was being backed up nightly. So to get a option of backups was going to cost an additional $180USD a month.

Leave a comment:

• darren1981
    replied
    Use hostgator the are cheap and effective.. Godaddy's hosting is rubbish when it comes to complicated scripts.. one would have thought they would have picked up their game my now. Anyways play it safe and go else where.. godaddy = not a good option for VB.

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    They do backups but only on sites with 4gig or less of data.
    Dunno...Never heard of such thing.
    Any link?

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    HostGator are great untill your website goes down. They do backups but only on sites with 4gig or less of data. A friend had a website with them in shared hosting and their site went down and then was told their 50gig of data was to much to backup even though they told them it was being backed up nightly. So to get a option of backups was going to cost an additional $180USD a month.
    thats highway robbery.

as a webmaster i do my own backups of my site. i save it to HDD, FD and CD and if i had more space i would put it in my drop box account

Leave a comment:

• Senkoomtep
    replied
    My experience with using Godaddy as a host has been pretty much without any issues. Board installed fine and has been up for many months with barely a blink.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X