GoDaddy Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Senkoomtep View Post
    My experience with using Godaddy as a host has been pretty much without any issues. Board installed fine and has been up for many months with barely a blink.
    You installed VB on GoDaddy without any problems?

Comment

Originally posted by iadmirevb View Post
      sssshhhhh... that's a host company best kept secret. Nobody really backups every single night... trust me, i know.
      it's best to manage your backups yourself
      there are several ways to run automatic database backups once a night

and ps I wouldn't use godaddy hosting even if they paid ME for it

check out webhostintalk to research your host
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by PhinPhan View Post
        You installed VB on GoDaddy without any problems?
        Yes I did. 3.7.0 and it has been up for well over a year with no issues at all. I've purchased v4 but I'm going to wait until I can get a style I like before I install it.

Comment

Be careful of the shared hosts but if you go with them it is your choice.
          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
          Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

We do not make any hosting recomendations, though GoDaddy as of late seems to have been fine. At the very least no one seems to be reporting issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              We do not make any hosting recomendations, though GoDaddy as of late seems to have been fine. At the very least no one seems to be reporting issues.

i have seen posts saying they are having issues. its like some of the godaddy servers are setup and others arent.

Comment

Unless you're going the dedicated route, I wouldn't use GoDaddy. They have some half-baked requirement that you can not have more than 1024 files in a directory. Suspect it's a script limitation, but some larger boards could easily run afoul of this.
                I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Biker View Post
                  Unless you're going the dedicated route, I wouldn't use GoDaddy. They have some half-baked requirement that you can not have more than 1024 files in a directory. Suspect it's a script limitation, but some larger boards could easily run afoul of this.

omg my sailor moon gallery whould need to be split not good.

Comment

While I wouldn't exactly give a glowing recommendation to the company I host with, they are cheap, and I'm on a dedicated server that I have total access to. While, for the most part, this is a good thing, I do miss having Tech Support at times, especially when I'm going through mail issues (like now.. **sigh**).
                    I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X