This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I found

Don't know where to post it so here goes: I was digging around my hard drive and found (I have purchased an unlimited lisence or what ever its called) an old copy of vB (version 2.0 BETA) but I can't remember my old username to log in. I know my password because I use that for everything and always have.

Anyway, Can I run this on my server without any legal worries because I can not log in?

Thanks,
    Chris

It depends on when you purchased your copy and what type of liscence yuo purchased. If you purchased a leased liscence, then it expires a year after the purchase date. If you purchased an owned licsece, then I would e-mail jelsoft and ask them to sen you your username and password.

Comment

It was my dads actually, he bought an owned licence,
      He used to run a web master related site but if I email jelsoft how would they know my username?

Comment

Forward your order confirmation email that you found to [email protected] and we can verify and send you a new userid and password for the member's area.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks for the support!
          3 replys in 5 minutes!

Ill search through my email account at the various places (hotmail etc) and see what I can find.

Well I have to buy a new owned lisence if I can't find it?

Thanks,
          Chris

Comment

Anything else I could do to prove it, I have tried like 5 emails

Comment

So far your proof is lacking....you keep saying "username" and vBulletin software doesnt run off of a username. And the password is giving to you as well. You don't choose one. So your comment about knowing your password is incorrect as well.

Comment

hmmm.....How did I get a copy of it then?
                And there IS a username.

Comment

Since your dad bought the license, he's the one with the information. Ask him. When he finds it he can ask Jelsoft to transfer the license into your name.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

k, thanks for that!
                    Do you guys take demographics when people sign up?
                    Just another though.

I may aswell buy it

Comment

Originally posted by PixelWorks
                      hmmm.....How did I get a copy of it then?
                      And there IS a username.
                      What proof do we have that you even have one? And lots of people have copies that didn't pay for one anyways. If thats all the "proof" you need than every warez user out there is legal then.

No there is not a username. Its a customer number. For the login its the username field but there isn't a username. Since your dad supposedly bought this why don't you just ask him for the information? And if he lost his customer id and password he can send an email with his information to vBulletin to get it situated.

Comment

Originally posted by c-prompt

What proof do we have that you even have one? And lots of people have copies that didn't pay for one anyways. If thats all the "proof" you need than every warez user out there is legal then.

No there is not a username. Its a customer number. For the login its the username field but there isn't a username. Since your dad supposedly bought this why don't you just ask him for the information? And if he lost his customer id and password he can send an email with his information to vBulletin to get it situated.
                        Hmm...someone has a problem!

You knew what I meant!

Is this what you do to all your users?
                        I am going to buy it! Is that proof enough for you??

Comment

Corey, please stop.

What reason would he have to come in here and look for his info if he's using a pirated copy?
                          Let's not make assumptions, ok?
                          Chen Avinadav
                          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly
                            Corey, please stop.

What reason would he have to come in here and look for his info if he's using a pirated copy?
                            Let's not make assumptions, ok?
                            Thank you FireFly,
                            Apart from c-prompt all of you have been VERY helpful!

I guess there is nothing I can do about finding the old lisence. but thanks for your help anyway!

Comment

Just out of interest can people report warez sites that offer vBulletin for download?

Comment

Working...
                              X