Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If install Publishing Suite only want forum visible and referenced.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If install Publishing Suite only want forum visible and referenced.

    I have a large vb 3.x forum installation currently. If I install version 4 publishing suite can I turn off everything else except the forum...so for now it would look like only the forum itself is visible. Later I can turn on all the CMS stuff when I want to make use of it. Can this be done. I want to install publishing suite now but don't want any reference to the CMS stuff...only the forum.

    Thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by numberone View Post
    I have a large vb 3.x forum installation currently. If I install version 4 publishing suite can I turn off everything else except the forum...so for now it would look like only the forum itself is visible. Later I can turn on all the CMS stuff when I want to make use of it. Can this be done. I want to install publishing suite now but don't want any reference to the CMS stuff...only the forum.

    Thanks
    Yes,you can turn off the CMS and the Blog.


    vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

    Comment


    • #3
      Could anyone please tell me how I can turn off the CMS entirely? All I want to show for now are the forums. Thanks.
      Bernie
      Disco Music.com - http://www.discomusic.com/
      DiscoMusic.com is a multi award winning resource since 1996 and a thriving interactive community for Disco, R & B, Soul, House, Garage and Dance music record collectors / DJs or '70s / '80s nostalgia buffs.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bflop View Post
        Could anyone please tell me how I can turn off the CMS entirely? All I want to show for now are the forums. Thanks.
        You can disable it or remove it in the ACP.


        vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

        Comment


        • #5
          More detail... it's a product so you can disable it (and the blog) in the product manager setting of the admincp.
          Fred Bingham
          http://PoMoFoRacing.com
          http://Htownracing.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blue91 View Post
            More detail... it's a product so you can disable it (and the blog) in the product manager setting of the admincp.
            yes it is a setting in the ACP

            Comment

            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X