Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tubedogg
    replied
    There is no problem with this assuming you only install it on one server (in this case your computer) at a time.

Leave a comment:

• JTMON
    replied
    Originally posted by WizyWyg
    Your DNS is all that matters. IF you dont have a steady DNS, then I'd question why your domain would be on a Dynamic IP; brings to mind, hackers, spammers, warez domains; where they can't keep a stable connection. OR people who are trying to host their OWN domain without paying their isp their full rightful money to maintain a domain (cheating them out of money you'd owed due to the increased amt of traffic to you).

Anyway, you'd have to take it up with the Sales:
    [email protected]
    As they would only have the answer.
    Sounds legit to me, when I pay for my cable connection I am capped at a certain bandwidth. That bandwidth stays the same no matter how many people visit my site. But it does depend on whether or not your ISP allows this. If I don't want to pay a monthly hosting fee I can use DYNDNS or some other software solution. I don't believe there are any different licenses.

Leave a comment:

• WizyWyg
    replied
    Your DNS is all that matters. IF you dont have a steady DNS, then I'd question why your domain would be on a Dynamic IP; brings to mind, hackers, spammers, warez domains; where they can't keep a stable connection. OR people who are trying to host their OWN domain without paying their isp their full rightful money to maintain a domain (cheating them out of money you'd owed due to the increased amt of traffic to you).

Anyway, you'd have to take it up with the Sales:
    [email protected]
    As they would only have the answer.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I'm not sure what good running vB from a dynamic IP would do.

However send an email to [email protected] about this. They'll be able to help you.

Leave a comment:

• fury
    started a topic License to run on dynamic IP?

License to run on dynamic IP?

I know vBulletin licenses require you to enter your domain name on the order form for support teams to be able to check whether a site requesting support is valid, but what if the site I'm considering ordering for is on a dynamic IP, as in Dialup, or dynamic-IP ADSL service?

Is there a special license for those who have a continually changing IP, or am I s#!t out of luck?