Could I apply my own CAS (Central Authentication Service) in vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I apply my own CAS (Central Authentication Service) in vBulletin

I am considering to purchase vBulletin , I got some questions .

1) Could I apply my own CAS (Central Authentication Service) in vBulletin ?
    2) Could I apply my own topbar and footer ?
    3) Are there any built-in report and statistic logs ? such as user activity , how many posts per day in a forum ? how many post and comment per users per day ?
    4) Where I can integrate my own user right access group ?

Thanks in advance .

1) Yes & No. By default, you would have to develop your own modification or use one that is already available, such as LDAP which you can get from vbulletin.org. vBulletin by itself does not offer integration with other authentication methods. It can be modified to do so...
    2) Yes, It's fairly easy to add your site traits to vBulletin.
    3) Yes. some things you mentioned are contained in the basic stats available in the Admin Control Panel. There is a 'New Posts per Day', 'New Threads Per Day', 'User Activity, per day' reports. You can easily write your own SQL queries for customized reports. The one you mentioned "posts per day in a forum" isn't a canned report in VB. You'd have to get a modification or write your own.
    4) VB can have multiple user groups with different access rights. (User Group Manager, in the Admin Control Panel) If this isn't what you mean for #4, then more clarification would be helpful.

Hope this helps a little.
    To be updated...

Comment

Really thanks for your reply .

For #4 . I mean , in my current web site , I have various user groups . Could I use my own user groups instead of creating another set of group in VB ?

#5 , after I purchase VB , I can download all source codes of VB , and no any "complied files only" , is it right ? Thanks .

Comment

Originally posted by stanleysin View Post
        Really thanks for your reply .

For #4 . I mean , in my current web site , I have various user groups . Could I use my own user groups instead of creating another set of group in VB ?

#5 , after I purchase VB , I can download all source codes of VB , and no any "complied files only" , is it right ? Thanks .
        vBulletin is shipped in clear PHP files, all viewable. Other than the default images, there is no compiled code that you can't see clearly through a text editor of your liking.

For #4 - I don't really have any expetise in what you are asking, but, I can tell you that other sites that use Drupal and Joomla, have done some things similar to what you are asking.
        To be updated...

Comment

for #3 , could I download reports in any format , such as excel ? not just view in browser

Comment

There are some, but they are not downloadable.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X