Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know anything about 123 flash chat?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• topcmm
    replied
    1. True, only sales are on live chat, while the technical support team is only available on email/ticket system for efficiency sake.
    Screenshots may help a lot during the resolving problem process, and it's true that the tech support staff don't have good oral English as the sales do, that's why emails are preferred.
    But I'm so sorry that it took that long to respond, maybe due to the large client base. But usually emails from customers will get a proper response in one work day.

2. Not true, actually around 30 employees work for 123flashchat.

3. The phone number is a skype-in number which became inactive lately and after getting report, we've already launched it, thank you.

4. True, to run 123flashchat you will need root access to your server. A dedicated server or VPS/VDS will do, not shared hosting, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• charlie201235
    replied
    My recent experience with 123Flashchat.
    While doing research for a chat room to add on my website I found 123flashchat. Great looking product but, the customer service is horrible. I purchased the software with free integration to my site. After 3 days of no response I submit several tickets, fourth day no response, on the 5th day i tried calling the number on the site which is not a working number.

I couldn't get anyone online to give me status on my order. It seems there are only two people manning the live chat module, Sara and Roger. As my frustration began to build I thought maybe I should call the number to no avail. The number is not active. finally late at night my time, noon their time I got Michael on chat who seem to be a lil bit more helpful. Well, soon I find out that in order to install the 123flashchat you must OWN the servers in order to get it installed. It's not a "simple integration to your site" as they seem to portray. I don't know about anyone else but, I have my website hosted by a company on the other side of the country that hosts many many other sites (think Godaddy). I would have needed access to their servers with full write privileges for 123flashchat to install the software, which is totally not doable. They won't grant their own mother with that kind of access. Therefore, the only option is having them host the chat rooms but, this leaves your site at the mercy of a company you don't know will be around in the next 6 months given the customer service they provide.

The only people that a person can talk to are the sales associates. Forget about talking to tech support and don't even try calling. The number is fake. customer service is horrible. NO PHONE, SEVERAL DAYS TO REPLY, NO DIRECT TECH SUPPORT, = BAD SERVICE, even if it is a good product it's not worth the frustration. I did get my money back within 24hrs of requesting a full refund.

Leave a comment:

• topcmm
    replied
    Originally posted by Gladius View Post
    Anyone got any experience how heavy on the load 123flashchat is? I know most people who've tried Comet/ArrowChat had to take them off because they were such resource hogs...
    123flashchat has high load support because of the Java server.
    For a server with over 2G RAM or more, the load average (check uptime in Linux or task manager in Windows) will not be higher than 1.

You may apply for a stress test and we can dispatch over 1000 real chat robots to connect to your server to help you test.
    Java server intro: http://www.123flashchat.com/powerful-server.html
    Last edited by topcmm; Fri 18 Mar '11, 12:36am.

Leave a comment:

• Alfa1
    replied
    Originally posted by Gladius View Post
    Anyone got any experience how heavy on the load 123flashchat is? I know most people who've tried Comet/ArrowChat had to take them off because they were such resource hogs...
    I'd be interested in this too. Especially when it concerns vbulletin integration.

Leave a comment:

• Gladius
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If you wish to speak to your customers regarding any issues they have with your service, please do so directly or via your own site, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• topcmm
    replied
    Originally posted by socceronly View Post
    I haven't used it, but they have bridges for various bits of software.
    My guess is you just install the software, it will need it's own db. Then install the bridge. Not sure why it would cost 2200
    Yes 123flashchat has bridges for vBullein, phpBB, Joomla, etc., once the bridge is installed, a free hosted chat will be dispatched to you.

Or, if you prefer more control over the chat room, you may choose to buy the chat and install it, then install the bridge.
    Last edited by topcmm; Fri 18 Mar '11, 12:18am.

Leave a comment:

• topcmm
    replied
    Originally posted by myphonesite View Post
    I'm just trying to help others by detailing my experience. A review of forums and posts regarding this company prior to ordering brought up both good and bad.
    A lot of people seem to have the chat script and use it without problems. My review of the script was good and I thought it would be very beneficial to my website.

The main compliant was their awful customer service - this is in no way an exaggeration. I can honestly say that I have never experienced such terrible customer service.

In the end theres no serious risk to my company - either they provide the service as agreed or I dispute the charges and get a refund.
    The main loss is time.. This whole thing has been a huge waste of time.
    Sorry that you feel so bad about our customer service, sorry your time was wasted.
    We're now putting your case on top priority and will sort things out.

Leave a comment:

• topcmm
    replied
    Originally posted by riceboi1230 View Post
    It looks really nice. But it might slow your site down.
    Well it's not very correct.

If vBulletin is integrated to enable single sign-on, and you choose to display chat status on vBulletin front page, then it will take some time to load the data but it's less than 5 seconds and your users won't even notice it.

Also we will do optimization here by locating the relative code at the last of the page.
    Last edited by topcmm; Fri 18 Mar '11, 12:17am.

Leave a comment:

• topcmm
    replied
    I'll be happy to share what I know about it..
    Dear sir, sorry that you had bad experience here. It's our fault, firstly we should have reminded you of the festival in advance, (it's as important as the X'mas holiday to us), secondly we should finish the integration for you as we have promised. There was some mis-communication between our departments and I've coordinated the team to clear things up. We are now awaiting your permission to log on your system to get things done, please give us a second chance and it will benefit your users, and you can then make back the investment!
    - Joy.

Leave a comment:

• riceboi1230
    replied
    It looks really nice. But it might slow your site down.

Leave a comment:

• socceronly
    replied
    Originally posted by asdnv View Post
    I know 123 flash chat is the first chat using flash client, they are the pioneer in this business.
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• asdnv
    replied
    Well they are installing it now, so we'll see how it goes.
    If they install it and it works correctly then I suppose I'll be happy with it. After all it is a nice chat room.

I'm hoping for the best.

I know 123 flash chat is the first chat using flash client, they are the pioneer in this business.

Leave a comment:

• funmasti
    replied
    Update - still nothing from them.

A chargeback will be issued from my bank by Thursday if there is no refund from 123flashchat.com or 2checkout.
    *As an online seller I despise chargebacks, so I am trying to request the refund without resorting to these measures.

I think its official - STAY AWAY FROM 123FLASHCHAT.COM
    Just nothing but problems dealing with these idiots..
    Thanks for the warning
    Last edited by funmasti; Wed 2 Mar '11, 9:29pm.

Leave a comment:

• myphonesite
    replied
    Update - still nothing from them.

A chargeback will be issued from my bank by Thursday if there is no refund from 123flashchat.com or 2checkout.
    *As an online seller I despise chargebacks, so I am trying to request the refund without resorting to these measures.

I think its official - STAY AWAY FROM 123FLASHCHAT.COM
    Just nothing but problems dealing with these idiots..

Leave a comment: