Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Stenning
    replied
    And bringing out the v3.8.5 update (rather than a PL update) once they know a lot of v3 customers who don't want to upgrade have passed the end of their maintenance contracts.

I'm not paying over £100 for a v4 license just to get updates to v3, when previously it was under £25 per year.

We will stick with what we have for now and if it looks like there could be security issues in future it will be time to look for another option.

Leave a comment:

• fufu
    replied
    It makes sense to me they would string along the bugs of 4.x series until December of 2010. A sort of catch all licenses type technique.

Leave a comment:

• TheThunder
    replied
    I have a question related to discount too:
    is there a kind of discount for a person who want to upgrade from vBulletin 4.0 forum to vBulletin suite? Because i do not think it would be reasonable to charge the same amount for those who upgrade from 3.s versions.
    Thank you for your response

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    on smaller sites before 4.0.2 it worked fine, still does. for larger sites anything before 4.0.2 was a mess, i honestley have no idea if it got any better for larger sites.

Leave a comment:

• RadioErewan
    replied
    It was one time trick. Never trust liar again.

Leave a comment:

• lim (x³-7x²) = ∞
    replied
    If you like product, why not pay full price? Probably in your situation second hand market can help to save some money.

Originally posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
    I heard that VBulletin did offer a huge discount to license owners for the 4.0 upgrade. Is this true?
    There was no real discount for 'vb3 forum' to 'vb4 forum' upgrade (only $20 off, wich is still available).

There was discount offer to exchange forum license (v3) to cms license (v4), wich is only good if you need cms.
    (when vb5 released in future, upgrading vb4 cms license will cost more then upgrading vb4 forum license)

Leave a comment:

• martynjd
    replied
    wish i didnt get it, waste my money got a forum that i cant even set up, sucks

Leave a comment:

• hitmancode47
    replied
    # Is there still a discount available for license holders who wish to upgrade to 4.0?

Nope. At least not to my knowledge.

# Is there any way to get an extension on my expiration date

Not unless you renew. Or purchase a new license.

# - If I do not upgrade can I continue using 3.8 and the V Bulletin forums or am I just dismissed...???

If you have a Owned license, you can continue to use the 3.8.X if you have that in your download section. But you just cant get access to any updates.

# - Does the previous license hold any value at all for anything or has it been deemed null and void?

3.8 Series? pretty much null and void. You can still use it, but to use any new or future release, you have to buy a completely new license, to my knowledge (I may be wrong, but I dont think I am)

Leave a comment:

• eddy102293
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
    Do you think it was minor? As I remember right it was near 50%.
    You are correct it was 50%. Here is the thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...icense-Changes

Leave a comment:

• RadioErewan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
    TBH it was 3x raise, not discount.

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
    There was a relatively minor discount available before anyone had actually seen vB4. A "faith" pre-order.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    There was a relatively minor discount available before anyone had actually seen vB4. A "faith" pre-order.

Leave a comment:

• RadioErewan
    replied
    Promotion emails from vBS are marked as spam. Do not know, why notifications manage to reach my inbox.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    the promotion was emailed to you as well as it was placed in your admincp panel
    it ended last year

i think you'll change your mind about 4.0 once you try to modify it or set it up on a large forum

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    You're some month to late for the discount, sorry. If your license is expired you need to pay the full price now even if you only wish to continue to use 3.8

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X