Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I renew my licence for 3.8.4?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How can I renew my licence for 3.8.4?

    Hello,
    My VB 3.8.4 licence will be expired soon but I do not plan to upgrade my forum to VB 4 in nearest future.
    I opened renewal page from my member page but did not find any option to renew 3.0 without upgrading to 4.х.
    If I choose 'No Upgrade' in "Upgrade Options" the process can not be finished because "Total: $0.00"

    How can I renew my licence for 3.8.4?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gateshield; Thu 11th Mar '10, 1:00am.

  • #2
    No upgrade means you want to leave the license as is.

    You can upgrade to the v4 classic, or v4 suite.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by gateshield View Post
      [ATTACH]43704[/ATTACH]Hello,
      My VB 3.8.4 licence will be expired soon but I do not plan to upgrade my forum to VB 4 in nearest future.
      I opened renewal page from my member page but did not find any option to renew 3.0 without upgrading to 4.х.
      If I choose 'No Upgrade' in "Upgrade Options" the process can not be finished because "Total: $0.00"

      How can I renew my licence for 3.8.4?
      You cannot renew it,have to upgrade to vB4.


      vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

      Comment


      • #4
        Does vb4 license include license for vb 3.х ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by gateshield View Post
          Does vb4 license include license for vb 3.х ?
          You can download and use it if you prefer to do it.


          vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

          Comment


          • #6
            So if you do not upgrade and keep 3.8 what do you pay?
            SweetSpotGraphs

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by topprospect16 View Post
              So if you do not upgrade and keep 3.8 what do you pay?
              If your license is expired you pay the full price.
              .......

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
                If your license is expired you pay the full price.
                What exactly happens if I do not renew? Does my board fall off the face of the Earth?
                SweetSpotGraphs

                Comment


                • #9
                  You can continue running the version you currently have for as long as like assuming you have an owned license already.
                  Plan, Do, Check, Act!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So I can run 3.8 after my license expired?
                    License expiration means that I am not able to get updates and hotfixes, but my license current will be valid forever?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gateshield View Post
                      So I can run 3.8 after my license expired?
                      License expiration means that I am not able to get updates and hotfixes, but my license current will be valid forever?
                      Correct as long as you have an "owned" license.
                      If you leased it, then you cannot continue running vb3.x
                      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A 3.8 license is worthless once download access to new releases ends. You must buy a brand new vBulletin 4 license, even if you only want to run 3.8.x.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                          A 3.8 license is worthless once download access to new releases ends.
                          wrong...

                          you can still run your 3.8 forum like you've been doing, you just won't have access to updates
                          it's certainly not "worthless"

                          This is assuming you have an owned license
                          -- Web Developer for hire
                          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                            A 3.8 license is worthless once download access to new releases ends. You must buy a brand new vBulletin 4 license, even if you only want to run 3.8.x.
                            This is completely and totally false. An owned license allows you to run the software forever. Please don't spread fud feldon.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                              This is completely and totally false. An owned license allows you to run the software forever. Please don't spread fud feldon.
                              Feldon's point, which is accurate and not "fud", is that even an "owned" license for 3.8.x becomes "worthless" once download access expires, because users will lose access to patches and software updates for vBulletin 3.8.x series. They must purchase a new license/upgrade license to 4.x, even if they want to continue getting support for the "owned" 3.8.x license.

                              That's not fud -- it may be unfair and unpopular, but it is an accurate description of IB's licensing policy with regards to older vBulletin versions.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X