Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by borbole View Post
    Sure, everyone is entitled to their own opinion

But I don''t think it is ethical to discourage potential customers from buying vbulletin and trying to steer them away towards ipb.
    Well life isn't always fair.

It is fair either that I have to wait for a "stable product" to handle simple things like SEF links to handle some characters right, SEF links handled properly for tags, categories in blog module ... or even handle resizing images in the WYSIWYG edit ... when I paid for a product almost 6 months ago!!

Comment

Originally posted by terabyte View Post

It is fair either that I have to wait for a "stable product" to handle simple things like SEF links to handle some characters right, SEF links handled properly for tags, categories in blog module ... or even handle resizing images in the WYSIWYG edit ... when I paid for a product almost 6 months ago!!
      Look, I don''t want to argue with you but that is a completly different matter. If you have any complaints about the product then post your thoughts at the appropriate board. But doing what you did, as I said, it ain''t neither ethical nor professional. Just my 2 $.

Comment

One question if someone can know. One person tell me that with the convert I lose somethings, like the avatars and signatures, the passwords of the users, and the quotes... can I don something to donīt lose this?
        Thanks!
        sigpic

Comment

Aren't you an IPB Coder? and run a website forum for IPB mods?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMac View Post
            One question if someone can know. One person tell me that with the convert I lose somethings, like the avatars and signatures, the passwords of the users, and the quotes... can I don something to donīt lose this?
            Thanks!

passwords have to be reset by users, my avatars did not convert over when I went from IPB3 to VBulletin 3 or 4. make sure you read the impex documentation. You won't loose everyhing on my first try on one site I did not get the forum post but that because I missed a step when converting. Just make sure you read the documentation and you will be fine.

Comment

Thanks!
              all that converts just fine
              for the images, you'll need to copy them to a folder on your vb site and call to them in the import process.
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Actually, I think allowing dissenting opinions on this site is very fair.

If anything, it would encourage me to buy vBulletin.
                Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
                  vB staff rarely reply here. Yes you'll have to use Impex.
                  Please read: ImpEx Import System , Using IMPEX to import phpBB3 to vB4
                  Exactly, Those should help you out. Also you will have access to the support system when you buy the product should you have issues.

Also make sure to do a couple test runs on a non-live copy of your site so you are comfortable with the process. This will also allow you to fix any issues you may have during the migration before doing it on your live site.

Best,

Andrew
                  Andrew Elkins
                  Former vBulletin Developer

Please do not PM me for support, please use the support system.

#1 rule before doing anything to a live site, Backup, Test and Re-Test.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the replies. I have done a test with two test forums, a IPB3 with three posts and users and more things and a blank vB4... I think that is all good except the quotes, avatars, passwords... now I have a question:
                    Can I test this with the real database of my live web but no in my real web, in other part to see the results?? jeje
                    Thanks!
                    sigpic

Comment

ipb3 > vb. and many vb4'ers are converting to ipb3 these days, (i did also), check the ipb forums and you see. IPB is far more stable then vb4.

Comment

Originally posted by raistlinthewiz View Post
                        ipb3 > vb. and many vb4'ers are converting to ipb3 these days, (i did also), check the ipb forums and you see. IPB is far more stable then vb4.
                        Thanks for the useful post...
                        Michael Biddle - Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

fanboi?

Comment

Please, I am asking things about the conversion, and you are discussing about which is better... OFF-Topic
                            sigpic

Comment

Please, I am asking things about the conversion, and you are discussing about which is better... OFF-Topic
                              Absolutely true
                              Last edited by goyo; Fri 2nd Apr '10, 4:33pm. Reason: eidted to apologize because it's off-topic :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X