I have a really dumb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a really dumb question

I just bought the licence for 4.0. My buddy is going to help me load it up my server and configure. Would it be best if I down load and send him the files or just give him the licence number to so he could download and do it all?

More secure if you send him the files, but I'm sure IB would rather you upload the files yourself.

Comment

you can give him the files to do the work.

you can also add him to your forum support and download access if he will be doing all the work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoutie44 View Post
        More secure if you send him the files, but I'm sure IB would rather you upload the files yourself.

I have to admit i am not tech savvy enough. I guess I could but I dont want to mess anything up

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
          you can give him the files to do the work.

you can also add him to your forum support and download access if he will be doing all the work for you.

So I just download and attach zip files to him? Whats the big about downloading access?

Comment

If he's installing it, he's going to get the customer number anyway, unless they do it together and OP enters the number.
            Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
            VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
            vBulletin Hosting and Services
            Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by deuterium View Post
              If he's installing it, he's going to get the customer number anyway, unless they do it together and OP enters the number.
              This.

If you're worried, make sure you are there while he is doing it. Unless he has an insanely good memory there is no way he is going to memorize your customer number as you put it in.

Comment

If he is your buddy, I would trust my buddy with that information, then you should trust him with your password and number so he can download and then install it for you. That is only if he is a "buddy" tho. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
                  Priority forum support doesn't work with the members area....Its just for Official vB Sites.

Comment

If he is your buddy, I would trust my buddy with that information, then you should trust him with your password and number so he can download and then install it for you. That is only if he is a "buddy" tho. lol
                    That's how it works with our site. One guy owns it, i do all the work, he gets the profits.... (something seems odd there, come to think of it....)

Comment

Originally posted by icarusforde View Post
                      That's how it works with our site. One guy owns it, i do all the work, he gets the profits.... (something seems odd there, come to think of it....)

lol yea you get squat.

Comment

lol yea you get squat.
                        I get all the <3's from the members though.... And i could always change the adsense account.... *muses*

Good guy though. Occasionally something turns up in the post from america (i'm still not sure how he gets this stuff through customs - food is good!)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X