Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin 4 and Joomla integration

Hi,

I'm going to launch a race club website which will be built on Joomla CMS. I want to create a forum that is integrated into the CMS, frameless and that's not a problem for vBulletin 3.8.
    The main problem is that i couldn't find a suitable joomla bridge for vBulletin 4 so i'm asking you: is there a joomla frameless integration bridge available for vBulletin 4 ? Can someone provide me an aproximate price for this kind of integration ?

I need an answer fast because i need to find out which version of vbulletin i need to buy.

Thanks in advance,
    Flo

PS: Frameless = user database integration, being able to integrate the forum in a center module position and also taking advantage of the url

Considering vBulletin 4 is fairly new I doubt you're going to find a bridge for it at this time.

Comment

Try www.jfusion.org

Comment

@XtAzY for the moment you can't integrate vbulletin 4 into joomla in the frameless mode, using the plugin from jfusion.

"In frame" integration is useless because you loose all URL's of the forum.

I appreciate your help !

Comment

Hey,

I am in the midst of redesigning my whitewater club website. Current site is Joomla! with PHPBB. Just this week I began true development of the new page - first step was getting my vbulletin 4 license. Kept with Joomla as my CMS for now as I have access to a professional Joomla developer (changes some of my needs in that regard).

I purchased the BBPixel Joomla/VB4 integration package and installed it. Seems to work fairly well in terms of the user management / single-signon functionality. One has to realize that because it uses the MSI core and utilizes the msi login prompt (its a pop-up with anti-spam verification). It might be a bit of a learning curve / annoyance for some of my users in order to do the recaptcha stuff on every login.

So far I have done a lot of tweaking with the core look of VB4 to have it integrated with the page using the standard Joomla! wrapper (with a bit of tweaks).

I agree the frameless integration is ideal, but I am fairly sure things will progress in that way sooner or later. Coming from a jfusion bridge with Joomla/PHPBB I did find there were some certain cases where persistent single-signon didnt seem to work seamlessly. BBPixel at least provides a very consistent feel throughout and I look forward to seeing what else they do with it (definitely need some VB4 mods to throw more into the CMS).

Anyway, hope that helps a bit from someone that has a solution underway.

- charl13dontsurf

Comment

So now it works to integrate vbulletin4 forum in Joomla CMS or not ?

Comment

I'm going to bump this because I was wondering if anyone has any more information on this. I have a vBulletin 4.1.2 site and I just installed Joomla 1.6 for a front end...we do different things on the site but I needed a place to send subscribers for our music school that wasn't buried in the forum or CMS....I don't NEED them to log in at the Joomla CMS but it would be nice and convenient.
              MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

Comment

You should search at our customisation site www.vbulletin.org for any help with this integration (or for one that has been created already)
                Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                -
                *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                - "Quick Route" Interface...
                - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                  You should search at our customisation site www.vbulletin.org for any help with this integration (or for one that has been created already)
                  I did take a look this morning but couldn't find anything. I was hoping maybe somebody had something I missed. I use the CMS quite a bit on my site but I can't focus new users on our new (paid subscription) venture so I figured returning to Joomla for our domain root (thats what I had when I was running vB 3.8) would allow me to do that. I guess I can always just put a "Login" link that sends to the vBulletin Login for now since I'm not really using the Joomla side for much more than some instructions and a roadmap. I was just hoping to make it look a little more seamless....

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by markwein View Post
                    I did take a look this morning but couldn't find anything. I was hoping maybe somebody had something I missed. I use the CMS quite a bit on my site but I can't focus new users on our new (paid subscription) venture so I figured returning to Joomla for our domain root (thats what I had when I was running vB 3.8) would allow me to do that. I guess I can always just put a "Login" link that sends to the vBulletin Login for now since I'm not really using the Joomla side for much more than some instructions and a roadmap. I was just hoping to make it look a little more seamless....

Thanks!
                    Give JFusion a look to see if it's appropriate for your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkham View Post
                      Give JFusion a look to see if it's appropriate for your needs.

Thanks! I will check it out this morning....

Comment

Something worth noting for future reference...

vBulletin 4 is too bulky to run well embedded in Joomla, thus the jfusion Team has decided to discontinue vBulletin 4 frameless mode. This is unlikely to ever change.
                        http://www.jfusion.org/docs/doku.php...etin;frameless
                        Mopar1973Man.Com Forum and Article Database Powered By vBulletin 4.2.0 & Joomla 2.5.11 -~- Michael Nelson -> SoonTM to be Invision Power Board Powered
                        Posted With Ubuntu Linux 12.04.2

Comment

Yes, but integration through iframes does work.
                          I buy 420 forums

Comment

The Jfusion docs looks good, might be something I am going to give a try on.
                            Neil Ghuman | IT Manager
                            Motorcycle Forum Canada | Motorcycle Forum UK
                            Motorcycle Forum - Motorcycle Talk
                            Motorcycle Market | More Power Racing

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X