Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.0.2 Feb 4th

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
    So dump outdated IE 6
    Please don't start that in this thread. There are already multiple threads where you can preach that.
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by RadioErewan View Post
      In new methodology, errors from 4.0.2 will be fixed in 4.0.4, but reappear in 4.0.5. It speeds up development according to BB blog posts. It is some kind of Japan philosophy.
      Unlike my immediate upgrade to 4.0.1 from .0, I think I will hold off upgrading to .2 until people report back. Seeing IE6 perform worse under .2 than .1 on vB.com aint raising my confidence

      Comment


      • #33
        4.0.2 has been delayed a bit more to address some of the aforementioned issues.

        Originally posted by Steve
        Update: Please note that we are delaying the release of 4.0.2 because we are working to improve the quality of this build, primarily issues related to RTL languages and IE browsers. Currently we are targeting the end of next week for this release. While we know this will be a disappointment to some, we feel that it is more important to get these issues resolved in this version rather than pushing them to a future one.
        To be updated...

        Comment


        • #34
          nice

          (not sarcasm)

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Steve
            Update: Please note that we are delaying the release of 4.0.2 because we are working to improve the quality of this build, primarily issues related to RTL languages and IE browsers. Currently we are targeting the end of next week for this release. While we know this will be a disappointment to some, we feel that it is more important to get these issues resolved in this version rather than pushing them to a future one.
            I have to say, THIS is the kind of communications and the type of work that could regain my trust in the IB Team!

            Instead of continuing to push out releases that should never hit the masses, hold back and fix things properly... AND let us the users know about it in advance and keep us in the loop.

            Great Job Steve and Team! Keep THIS type of work up!

            Comment


            • #36
              Agreed.

              Comment


              • #37
                I want my upgrade now. But I'll wait without complaints.

                Except who cares about RTL and IE6? Oops I forgot I'm not the only one on this planet.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Let them do it better than last two rushed "gold" releases.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I doubt I will even bother with 4.02 and just wait for 4.03 because there is a fix in 4.03 that will correct the fatal error when deletiing attachment, that is a massive issue for everyone weather your aware of the issue or not.
                    I think 4.01 is a pretty good product it works well, stable except for the attachment issue, there are work arounds for some of the other problems but how VB relaeased the gold version prior to Xmas with the bugs that are still outstanding today and will indeed be still outstanding after 4.02 is beyond my comprehension.
                    ttttt

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      This sucks... I mean I installed vb 4.0.0 because it was classed as gold code.. Now I've got a board that is extremely buggy and is missing features that existed in 3.8.4 which should be there.. We need 4.0.2 released asap! Or with at least the major problems fixed..

                      RTL seems to be sucking up soooo much developer time, and I don't see why it should hold up the 4.0.2 release. I find it more important to get the critical bugs fixed and released!!

                      Communication is better but releases are worse..

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by kat00 View Post
                        I doubt I will even bother with 4.02 and just wait for 4.03 because there is a fix in 4.03 that will correct the fatal error when deletiing attachment, that is a massive issue for everyone weather your aware of the issue or not.
                        .
                        With the extra time they may add the fixes for 4.0.3 to 4.0.2. No need to hold them back if they are already fixed.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
                          With the extra time they may add the fixes for 4.0.3 to 4.0.2. No need to hold them back if they are already fixed.
                          If those fixes are not vetted (QA'd) then, no thanks. They are already having to backtrack on 4.0.2 enough as it is.
                          To be updated...

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by ENF View Post
                            If those fixes are not vetted (QA'd) then, no thanks. They are already having to backtrack on 4.0.2 enough as it is.
                            They are back tracking for the RTL issues and IE6 issues. Meaning they will have to go back through QA anyway. If the fixes are done now. Why not add them before the next QA session?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              as it wwas stated before, whats the point of 4.0.2 when the bugs of 4.0.1 will appear on 4.0.3 and 4.0.2 on 4.0.4....... get it done right

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by philg View Post
                                RTL seems to be sucking up soooo much developer time, and I don't see why it should hold up the 4.0.2 release. I find it more important to get the critical bugs fixed and released!!
                                While they are maybe not as vocal on these forums as LTR users, we have a large RTL userbase which is why this time is being spent. To them, some of the RTL bugs ARE critical.
                                Vote for:

                                - *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                                -
                                *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                                - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                                - "Quick Route" Interface...
                                - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X