@HMBeaty thanks for confirming that

Leave a comment:

• HMBeaty
    replied
    Yes, that is correct

Leave a comment:

• trankin
    replied
    Let me confirm I got it right. If you purchase a license for vBulletin 4.x, you are allowed to download vBulletin 3.8.x and install. If this is correct, please let me know because one of my friends wants to purchase vBulletin software and install it on his website, but he has heard some bad rumors about vB4. If he is allowed to download and install vB3.8.x with vB4.x purchase, he would go for it.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    The only discounts available for new purchases are bulk discounts:

http://www.vbulletin.com/faq.php#faq-91

Leave a comment:

• funmasti
    replied
    i guess there is no discount on new purchase

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Yes, the upgrade price is lower than a new sale price. To take advantange of this, got to http://www.vbulletin.com/ click on the 'Customer Login' link at the top, log into your account, then press 'Purchase'. Your existing licenses will be shown there and the relevant price.

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by grapplinghook View Post
    Oh, so the $190 is a life-long license for vBulletin? If I purchase the 4.0 can I get access to downloading the 3.8.4??
    Yes, but only for the vb 4x series. When vb 5 comes out and you want to upgrade to it you must purchase a new license. Yes, you can use 3.8.4. if you wish to after you purchase a 4x license.

Originally posted by transio View Post
    Is there any discount for upgrades?
    I think so but it is best to email the sales department with all your pre sale questions.

Leave a comment:

• transio
    replied
    Is there any discount for upgrades?

Leave a comment:

• grapplinghook
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
    there is also no such thing as LEASED licences anymore the new licences are for the life of the version 4.0, 5.0 6.0 etc
    Oh, so the $190 is a life-long license for vBulletin? If I purchase the 4.0 can I get access to downloading the 3.8.4??

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    there is also no such thing as LEASED licences anymore the new licences are for the life of the version 4.0, 5.0 6.0 etc

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by grapplinghook View Post
    So basically everyone paid the full $190? Is it possible to buy a leased license and get a discount of some sort? If I buy one off of here and not the homepage? Because my current paypal balance is around $160
    I doubt it, but the only people who can give you an answer is vBulletin Solutions, and the most likely answer is no.

If it makes you feel any better, have a look at some webmaster forums such as DigitalPoint or SitePoint to find second hand licenses, there might be quite a lot but maybe not due to the current business environment.

Leave a comment:

• grapplinghook
    replied
    So basically everyone paid the full $190? Is it possible to buy a leased license and get a discount of some sort? If I buy one off of here and not the homepage? Because my current paypal balance is around $160

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    What coupon code? No one has been issued with anything as far as customers are aware.

Leave a comment:

• grapplinghook
    started a topic Coupon Code for vBulletin??

Coupon Code for vBulletin??

Hello, I was wanting to purchase a lease of vBulletin 4.0, and download 3.8.4 [if possible?], and I was wondering does anyone have a coupon code by chance? I would love it if you can post it here, or PM me with it.

I've been wanting to buy a vbulletin lease for so long now, and just don't have enough cash, so please send me a coupon code, I would deeply appreciate it!

Regards,
    grapplinghook
    Last edited by grapplinghook; Tue 26 Jan '10, 10:45am.