Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Successful vB4 CMS Sites Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhatChaMissin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
    The background is nice, I would customize the colors more than you have done. Especially all those blue/green default vB colors in fonts navbar etc..
    And also check out this issue, your cms page has right now way more than 1mb file size only caused by preview images.
    I would agree, the style looks half done with all the default colors still present. I do like the image slider.

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Ridley View Post
    any feedback would really help
    The background is nice, I would customize the colors more than you have done. Especially all those blue/green default vB colors in fonts navbar etc..
    And also check out this issue, your cms page has right now way more than 1mb file size only caused by preview images.

Leave a comment:

• WhatChaMissin
    replied
    Originally posted by SIMES View Post
    I'm somewhat concerned about the comments in this thread, even the recent ones.

Is the consensus that VB CMS Is STILL very hard to customize, I put off upgrading our half dozen VB licences last year because I was warned new versions were not very flexible.
    Personally, I would have upgraded one license just to be able to test it out and see if it indeed can do what you need it to do. I tested for over a year prior to upgrading. I have to admit it did take me awhile to get the hang of the CMS.

Leave a comment:

• Alfa1
    replied
    It seems the consensus that the CMS is still a mess. But you are able to customize the CMS to some degree. Nothing has changed in the CMS since last year.

Leave a comment:

• SIMES
    replied
    I'm somewhat concerned about the comments in this thread, even the recent ones.

Is the consensus that VB CMS Is STILL very hard to customize, I put off upgrading our half dozen VB licences last year because I was warned new versions were not very flexible.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Ridley
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Ridley View Post
    Here is my site ive been working on it for a couple of weeks i used to own sanctuary4gamers with someone else who did all the site work whilst i did the podcast work,so its all new to me.
    im happy with my forums but i still cant get my front page to look tidy.
    your comments and advice would be really helpful

my site nerdjackers.com

any feedback would really help

Leave a comment:

• Alfa1
    replied
    Originally posted by syrus.xl View Post
    I posted my site in it's early stages... - Gradually, I am getting it to a state where it's what I would class as usable! At the moment I have concentrated on the vBcms, and I still have some code tweaks to make it strict xHTML.

Even now, I have received many offers to buy the style - even though it's nowhere near complete for the entire suite.

www.digitalport.co.uk

I have not tried viewing it in IE 6.0 - then again most visitors don't use this browser anyway going by webstats.
    On first impression of your site, I was amazed about your slick design and was flabbergasted how on earth you managed to get vbulletin look as good. Then I looked closer and saw you are using IPB.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Ridley
    replied
    Originally posted by syrus.xl View Post
    I posted my site in it's early stages... - Gradually, I am getting it to a state where it's what I would class as usable! At the moment I have concentrated on the vBcms, and I still have some code tweaks to make it strict xHTML.

Even now, I have received many offers to buy the style - even though it's nowhere near complete for the entire suite.

www.digitalport.co.uk

I have not tried viewing it in IE 6.0 - then again most visitors don't use this browser anyway going by webstats.

any one know what album viewer that is?

Leave a comment:

• MySaltyReef
    replied
    what an awesome thread !!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Ridley
    replied
    Originally posted by LuisMontemayor View Post
    Please take a look at my site, Im very proud of it.

the link:
    www.deathfall.com

Come on buddy you need to help us all out here how did you get your widget to look tidy and your front page so clean

Leave a comment:

• Steve Ridley
    replied
    Here is my site ive been working on it for a couple of weeks i used to own sanctuary4gamers with someone else who did all the site work whilst i did the podcast work,so its all new to me.
    im happy with my forums but i still cant get my front page to look tidy.
    your comments and advice would be really helpful

my site nerdjackers.com
    Last edited by Steve Ridley; Thu 14th Jul '11, 1:24am.

Leave a comment:

• Shane Greer
    replied
    What product do you use your slideshow?

Leave a comment:

• Tekmiester
    replied
    It's funny how quickly things change. I happened to come across this thread and started reading it from the beginning to try get some ideas for making my CMS better.

Of the ones mentioned on page 1 of this thread:
    • 2 are offline crunatus.net darkline.org.uk
    • 2 have migrated to Xenforo, dnforum.com, doberman-chat.com
    • 1 is practically an out of the box install, recording.org
    • 1 shows some pretty good tweaking and looks good bfcom.org
    I'm not sure this is the best advertisement for the CMS. Mine has a lot of tweaking to go, but it's getting there: http://www.1weddingsource.com/

Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
    I've also come across a pretty sweet CMS while typing this message, check this site out http://recording.org/content/

Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post

Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post

Leave a comment:

• Arkham
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    I think, when he posted that, it WAS the vB CMS, but he recently switched to a Wordpress bridge.
    Yeah, I subsequently saw his post in the other joomla/cms thread. When I replied I did a double-check on the post date and mis-read "Jun-8" for "Jul-8".

Anyway, good example of a bridged forum, too!

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Arkham View Post
    Is your CMS powered by vBulletin though? Looks like WordPress. (This thread is for vB CMS sites.)

If not, how'd you get OpenID etc. as login options? Maybe I've missed that mod...

Regardless, it looks great. Good job.
    I think, when he posted that, it WAS the vB CMS, but he recently switched to a Wordpress bridge.

Leave a comment: